Robotics EngineerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01420937 Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Singapore Country Singapore
Location:39 Changi North Crescent, Singapore
We are seeking an engineer experienced in the application of robotics for industrial applications. He/She will be responsible for designing, testing and implementing robotic systems to meet the needs of the system application while adhering to EHS and quality requirements. The engineer who fills this position must have troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
As a role supporting innovation, robotic systems that the candidate will work on may include, but not be limited to, vision inspection, material handling and material transport etc. The automation solution can also involve PLC & HMI programming and various sensor types such as proximity sensors, vision sensors etc and other actuation systems.
Successful applicants will work with the Collins Aerospace IET team to develop technologies for use in MRO operations.
- Working with IET team members and stakeholders, lead in design and development of automation systems of the company’s Industry 4.0 implementation.
- Work in a cross-functional team to identify opportunities for automation implementation, in line with business strategy of the company to modernize MRO operations.
- Manage automation and robotics projects including design, testing, installation, troubleshooting, training, documentation and budget planning in line with QMS.
- Provide leadership in vendor engagement to scope project, evaluate system proposals, advise on standards and design, control costs and review deliverables.
- Plan and conduct training for in-house support personnel to provide onsite support for equipment including development of training material.
- Other areas of responsibility include:
- System architecture drawings
- Safety requirement specification and safety management
- Bachelor Degree or Polytechnic Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics.
- Minimum 4 years of working experience in factory automation and integration with exposure to production machinery, industrial sensors and industrial safety. Other equivalent engineering experience can be considered.
- Experience in programming industrial robotics e.g. Cartesian, SCARA, multi-axis robots is highly desired (from Fanuc, Omron, UR etc).
- Proficient in PLC/PAC programming including logic flow diagram/ladder logic and I/O communication. This role is brand neutral and protocol neutral.
- Experienced in the use of engineering tools (E.g. oscilloscope, multimeter, micro-controllers).
- Experience with Labview will be a plus.
- Familiarity with Design Thinking methodology will be a plus.
- Familiar with Lean manufacturing concepts (e.g. Takt time, cycle time, OEE).
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms