Mechanical EngineerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01420935 Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Singapore Country Singapore
Location:39 Changi North Crescent, Singapore
We are seeking a mechanical engineer for an applications development role in the Collins Innovation Hub. He/She will be responsible for designing, prototyping and fabricating of engineering solutions to support innovation efforts including fixed structures, robotics and automation for assisting in repair of airplane components.
The candidate will have excellent theoretical and practical knowledge of mechanical engineering disciplines to ensure the application of technical rigor and best practices from conceptualization to execution.
Successful applicants will work with the Collins Aerospace IET team to develop technologies for use in MRO operations.
- Working with an interdisciplinary team members and with stakeholders, lead in design and development of automation systems of the company’s Industry 4.0 implementation.
- Work in a cross-functional team to identify opportunities for implementation of advanced technology, in line with business strategy of the company to modernize MRO operations.
- Design, develop, build and test mechanical components, assemblies and structures, including CAD models and working prototypes for demonstration.
- Project execution including hardware analysis, manufacturing support, design engineering and testing for components that may include pneumatic, hydraulic and servo actuated systems.
- Bachelor Degree or Polytechnic Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 4 years of working experience in a mechanical engineering role in a production environment.
- Experience in performing product and component development and qualification testing, including performance standards and safety.
- Proficiency with CAD software preferred (Solidworks preferred).
- Familiar with Lean manufacturing concepts.
- Familiarity with Design Thinking methodology will be a plus.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms