Mechanical Automation EngineerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01420322 Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Singapore Country Singapore
Location:18 Bedok South Road, Singapore
The ideal candidate possesses a vast mechanical system design, advanced machining/ manufacturing understanding and takes great pride in alleviating human responsibility and error through advanced manufacturing technology integration. The candidate will be involved in benchmarking, specification, solution development and validation of various automation, robotics and CNC machining systems while interacting with cross functional group, particularly the Manufacturing Engineering, Quality and Operations group to develop the best solutions. The candidate is continuously learning and staying up-to-date with the latest advancements in the field of Industry 4.0, and looks to integrate discovered solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Capability acquisition of new technology that create business value aligning to operations modernization strategy
- Identifies, justifies, and implements new technology and manufacturing techniques to improve safety/ergonomics, reduce manufacturing cost (labor, material, inventory, scrap), and improve product/process quality
- Perform mechanical design and specifications for automation, robotics systems, tooling, fixtures and mechanisms to meet business needs, including selection of components from concepts to implementation
- Perform analysis on wide range of complex manufacturing automation solution, CNC machining processes and identify opportunity for improvements and optimizations
- Develop and implement parameters and test plans for new and existing designs, including validation of mechanical, electrical, software, and other engineering specifications and requirements
- Collaborate and communicate with management, internal, and outsourced development partners/ institutes regarding design status, project progress, and issue resolution
- Technical project planning and execution on development projects in accordance to Collins Management System (SOR/ W preparation, forecasting/ cost/benefit analysis, controls/robotics/ automation systems design, equipment build/run-off and buyoff)
- Support and provide technical advice on automation engineering to the global operations
- The successful candidate will be one who is readily available to work across multiple business units and professional functions through strong integrated project management and computing skills.
Qualification and Education Requirements
Minimum Education required (specific field or equivalent):
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical/ Manufacturing/ Mechatronics/ Automation Engineering
- Bachelor degree in a technical discipline, with emphasis on machine design/ automation, mechanical design engineering, advanced manufacturing engineering
- A passion for automation and mechanical systems design
Minimum years of experience in role:
- 3 years experiences with mechanical systems/ machine/ automation design
- 3 years experiences with advanced machining processes
- 2 years experiences with robotics or control system for industrial automation
- Strong technical knowledge of automation/ electrical/control/ pneumatic/ hydraulic systems and the ability to apply these concepts within a manufacturing environment
- Candidates must have a strong curiosity for advanced manufacturing technology and a proven track record of successfully applying rigorous scientific/ engineering methods with proficiency in Automation Systems Design and Advanced machining technique
- Fresh graduate with highly self- motivated personality are welcome to apply as well.
Preferred Skills (if any):
- Demonstrated Excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Experience in mechanical, electrical or pneumatic design for automation system
- NX-CAD & CAM, ABB/ Fanuc robot programming, PLC programming
- Experience in CNC machining processes
- Experience in mechanical design and drafting (NX CAD)
- Experience in CAM programming and optimization (NX CAM)
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms