Principal Field EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 174489BR Date posted 02/10/2021 State Saudi Arabia Country Saudi Arabia
This may be a grade 10 or grade 11 requisition, depending om the qualifications the candidate brings to this position.
The Deputy Site Manager (DSM) assists the Site Manager in providing clear and concise direction to site personnel in order to keep them focused on the missions set forth by the Missile Defense Agency (MDA).
While on site, the Deputy Site Manager will function either as the functional Site Manager (while the Site Manager is off-rotation) or as the Site Safety / Quality Engineer (when the Site Manager is on-rotation).
As the Site Manager, the DSM will be required to interface with Army leadership to ensure his/her team and the US Army operators work as a single unit to achieve the mission of the site. This includes ensuring the site team adheres to Army policies and procedures applicable to the site operations. In order to provide optimal mission support, the DSM will keep the lines of communication open to the CONUS Management team (inclusive of Program Leadership Team and Front Line Leadership Team).
The DSM will also have finance responsibilities to include executing site operations within the budget, Earned Value Management System (EVMS) tracking and reporting, arranging for monthly payment of vendor invoices, utilities and office expenses with support from CONUS-based personnel.
As the Site Safety/Quality Engineer (S/QE) for an OCONUS site (International Location), the DSM will be responsible for the support of CLS team members and subcontractors. Primarily responsible for the identification, evaluation, and development of controls designed to control workplace safety and health hazards while supporting in a secondary function and backup for the site logistician. The DSM will help to insure compliance with standard operating procedures, assist in maintaining accurate data related to maintenance events, equipment configuration, and supply. In addition, the DSM will take ownership of all hazmat on site from ordering, storage, use, disposal, control, etc., maintenance.
The Deputy Site Manager will perform a short orientation period with the CLS Program Management Office and then deploy and remain with the radar at the international location for a minimum of one (1) year.
NOTE – This role will require forward deployment to the international location, under terms of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)/Long Term International Assignment managed by Raytheon International Assignment Services (IAS). This position is located at a location in the CENTCOM AOR. This assignment will be at least one year in duration and is unaccompanied.
The candidate must have an existing secret clearance and a current US driver’s license and be able to work autonomously, with little supervision. This position will be a level G10 salary grade based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for this position. This position may require restriction to the site for multiple weeks or sheltering in place in residence during heightened threat or other situations.
• 5 years of Experience leading teams
• Experience working with OCONUS customers with the ability to build strong working relationships
• 8 years of Experience executing processes related to any of the following: Management, Contracts, Procurement, Spares Program Planning, Maintenance, Repair, and/or EHS
• Expertise and experience in Earned Value Management, Cost Management and procurement principles
• PMX level 5 or the ability to achieve PMX level 5 within 1 year
• Able to effectively communicate with peers, superiors and customers in a positive manner
• Possess technical writing skills to generate weekly status reports to Program Management
• Demonstrated ability to lead by influence and collaboration
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
• Experience in preparing customer and/or management level briefings
• Regulations and compliance experience on an international program (e.g. EX/IM, ITAR)BS in Engineering, Safety, Quality, Human Factors or Environmental, with minimum of 4 years’ work experience
• Experience providing logistics and system maintenance support of technical hardware and software
• Physical ability to bend, climb ladders, and lift and carry heavy equipment (up to 50 lbs.), due to the nature of this position.
• PMX level 5 certified
• IPT or CPT leadership experience
• Operational system maintenance and sustainment experience on a system of similar complexity
• US Army or other service branch operations, maintenance, and sustainment experience
• Minimum of 6 years of experience in the maintenance and operation of the AN/TPY-2 radar and/or THAAD system or a system of similar complexity
• Experience providing technical support for configuration of site radar systems hardware and software issues
• Experience with logistics support analysis tools such as ALCS, EAGLE, or similar products.
• Experienced and familiar with the tools and test equipment commonly used in electronic installation, maintenance and test
• EHS managerial experience, preferably in a deployed setting
• Experience implementing Site Safety programs and working with subcontractors
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
• Working knowledge with ALCS or like application for supply and maintenance tracking and an understanding of the logistics process in providing field support
• Well organized and have excellent attention to detail and thoroughness accomplishing assigned tasks from inception through completion in a multi-tasking environment
• Highly energetic, self-motivated, proactive, enthusiastic professional with a "can do" work ethic
• Computer proficient including the use of Microsoft Office suite of applications for creating and modifying documents, accessing and using the internet, and using Outlook for email
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.