Senior Quality ManagerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01443448 Most Recent Date Posted 06/01/2021 City Santa Isabel State Puerto Rico Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:W61: Puerto Rico - Aerospace Felicia Industrial Park, Santa Isabel, PR, 00757 USA
This position owns the execution of key elements of Quality Compliance operational plans. May lead a team of primarily experienced Quality Compliance professionals or a team responsible for Quality Compliance for an organization of mid-size scope. Sets tactical and operational plans for the achievement of short to medium-term Quality Compliance goals. Provides guidance in the implementation of Quality Compliance improvements.
- Leads implementation of procedures and metrics that support compliance with industry and regulatory standards.
- Manages teams providing expertise and guidance in interpreting policies, government regulations and agency guidelines to ensure compliance with external standards.
- Develops and manages processes, standards, and plans for the implementation of minimum standards and utilization of tools and methods to ensure effectiveness of existing quality processes and sustainment of quality performance improvements.
- Manages quality compliance audit processes and provides guidance to the resolution of audit findings through corrective actions and process re-engineering.
- Manages reviews of procedures and metrics that impact quality throughout the organization, ensuring compliance with internal standards.
- Performs product and process audits and quality audits and reviews.
- Reviews quality data and determines if all products and processes are aligned with regulatory standards.
- Recommends corrective actions and process reengineering.
- Prepares and maintains Quality documentation.
- Leads ~20 direct reports and 30+ indirect reports.
- Travel time required 10%
- Working on-site 100% of time
- Required to be on-site
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Experience in a manufacturing/ aerospace environment
- Experience leading teams of quality professionals.
- Experience executing ZDP, ACE or LEAN practices
- SAP experience
- Black belt or green belt training
- Preferred degree/ experience in operations management or engineering background.
- Bilingual (English & Spanish)
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
You could be a great fit for our Quality organization if:
- You take immense satisfaction and pride in the quality of your work.
- You’re the first to point out opportunities for continuous improvement (even outside of work…not at all to the annoyance of your friends and family).
- You understand the absolute importance of adhering to compliance…all while making your customers proud by achieving a zero-defect quality delivery plan.
OK. We got it. You live and breathe Quality. So do we! For us at Collins Aerospace, quality is personal. People’s lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time, to the men and women who save lives, to the astronaut exploring outer space – what we do matters, every day. If you checked the boxes above, we invite you to join the Quality organization as we work to be the best aerospace company for the world by delighting our customers with 100 percent on-time delivery and zero defect parts.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms