Senior Electronics Packaging Design EngineerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01443312 Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Santa Isabel State Puerto Rico Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:W61: Puerto Rico - Aerospace Felicia Industrial Park, Santa Isabel, PR, 00757 USA
This position is for a Senior Electronic Packing Engineer Liaison located at our Santa Isabel Site supporting our new Global Engineering Center (GEC). This role will be the liaison between Collins Aerospace Santa Isabel and Collins Aerospace Aguadilla and report to managers in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico.
Electronic Packaging Liaison at Santa Isabel site
Analyzes equipment and conducts experimental tests to establish operating data.
• Performs engineering duties including manufacturing planning and the installation, operation, and
maintenance of electrical apparatus to ensure that projects are completed on-time and as per the defined
• Determines material and equipment needs and orders supplies to ensure sufficient resources for project
• Develops or performs operational, maintenance, or testing procedures for electronic products,
components, equipment, or systems to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of engineering processes.
• Manage activities for the manufacture, construction, installation, maintenance, operation, or modification
of electronic equipment, products, or systems to ensure smooth operations.
• Prepares, reviews or maintains maintenance schedules, design documentation, or operational reports and
charts to ensure that progress and performance can be tracked.
• Resolves day-to-day technical problems on the production lines to minimize disruption.
• Troubleshoots electrical device problems to ensure that issues are resolved efficiently.
• Designs, fabricates, modifies, and evaluates electronic apparatus, components, or circuitry for use in
other equipment and devices.
• Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks.
• Produces products according to specifications, using the most cost effective and efficient means.
• Analyzes and evaluates new or improved electronic components.
Will require travel to our location in Santa Isabel
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 3 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- English fluency (verbal and written)
- Knowledge in electrical engineering, electrical design concepts or related
- Advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with Electronics Packaging Design is a plus
- Previous experience working in the aerospace industry
- Experience with analog and digital interfaces, electronic analysis techniques and laboratory test equipment including oscilloscopes, logic analyzes, and other related test equipment.
- At least a years experience reading and understanding assembly drawings, circuit card schematics, and assembly instructions
- Ability to review production data and identify trends in manufacturing failures
- Ability to troubleshoot potential causes of production failures and devise a solution to prevent repeat issues in the future
- Ability to complete a root cause analysis (e.g. fault tree, 5 Why, fishbone)
- Familiarity with manufacturing equipment and quality assurance techniques
- Ability to provide PRE manufacturing facility with onsite engineering support as needed (e.g.
- troubleshooting, EC's, chief/fellow involvement), post pandemic
- Ability to evaluate engineering processes and provide recommendations to increase efficiency
- Ability to monitor the product health of assigned products (yields, inspection data, product standard hours, etc.)
- Knowledge of CAD tools such as Cadence Allegro, Mentor Graphics, Zuken, Siemens NX, Dassault Solidworks, or PTC Creo
- Knowledge on Printed Circuit Design (PCD) or related
- Manufacturing Support experience is a plus
- Knowledge of circuit card specifications (J-STD-001, IPC-A-610, etc.)
- Environmental Qualification Test is a plus
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
In January 2021, Collins Aerospace will be expanding a new Global Engineering Center (GEC) facility in Puerto Rico, with plans to hire up to 250 employees over the next 5 years at our Aguadilla site.
Join our growing engineering team in Puerto Rico, where you will provide critical support to Collins SBUs – including our Mission Systems and Power & Controls teams – working on exciting programs and projects ranging from the development of the next generation of advanced concept ejection seats to the latest technologies for the U.S. warfighter.
Do you have what it takes to be a part of a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams and the status quo, and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, criticalillness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms