Mgr, ContractsBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Part time telecommuting Job ID 183926BR Most Recent Date Posted 07/14/2021 City San Diego State CA Country United States
This position, supporting the AEGIS program, offers the candidate a broad opportunity to engage in varied contract activities on programs that have significant activity in every aspect of the program’s life-cycle. The programs currently consist of development, production, integration and sustainment. The position is well suited for a highly motivated individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team environment.
The scope of your responsibilities will include:
- Providing strategic thought leadership to develop innovative contracting solutions which will result in achieving program and business objectives.
- Providing request for proposal (RFP) assessment, proposal generation, contract negotiation, contract management, and ensuring that business deals comply with company policies.
- Supporting program gate reviews, program management reviews, business strategy sessions, proposal reviews, risk management activities, and all other contracts related matters affecting AEGIS and DBR.
- Developing relationships with and serving as the focal point of contact with the customers’ Contract Managers, DCAA and DCMA.
- Shaping opinions of key stakeholders and negotiating to create the best outcomes possible.
- Advising management of contractual rights and obligations; mitigating contractual and program risks; compliling and analyzing data; maintaining historical records.
- Supervising a minimum of 1 contract professional to ensure that resources are properly allocated and leveraged. Candidate must be able to recruit, develop, motivate, and retain talent to execute on all contractual activities to achieve company business objectives.
This position reports directly to the AEGIS Contracts Lead, Naval Radars Program Area.
- Eight (8) years or more of experience for a Contracts Manager in the fields of Contract Management, Negotiations, Program Management, Law or related fields
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, or related field (Master’s degree may be considered in lieu of 2 years of experience)
- Contractual acumen with proficiency in contracts fundamentals (i.e., FAR, DFARS, ITAR, EAR, TINA, EVMS, etc.)
- Experience with providing leadership and supervising a staff
- Extensive negotiation experience and skills to include preparation of business case presentations, shaping requirements, persuasive communication skills, and ability to condense complex situations into easily understandable formats to all levels.
- Possess a high level of discernment to prioritize competing execution priorities.
- This position requires the ability to obtain a Secret security Clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.
- Defense Industry specific contracts or industry related experience
- Ability and experience recognizing risk elements in business transactions
- Experience working competitive domestic and international programs/acquisitions [Foreign Military Sales (FMS) and Direct Commercial Sales (DCS)]
- Ability to apply legal aspects of government and commercial acquisition to the contract management function
- Advanced degree (Masters or J.D.) or Industry Certifications (NCMA or IACCM)
- Ability to understand the financial aspects of contracts, such as incentives, share ratios, and risk quantification
- Ability to travel
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.