Senior Infrastructure Engineer IIBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI with Poly - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 178032BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/12/2021 City Salt Lake City State UT Country United States
With locations in Sunnyvale and Anaheim Hills, CA, Salt Lake City, UT, McLean, VA, and Annapolis Junction, MD, AST provides trusted strategic and tactical SIGINT solutions that secure the interests of the U.S. and its partners. AST’s work in areas such as high-capacity broadband communications, signal processing and analysis, tactical SIGINT, and wireless communications continually challenges our extraordinary engineers to resolve problems and make the world a safer place. AST’s work environment is dynamic, highly collaborative and provides engineers the freedom to strengthen and expand their skills, explore new and creative ideas, and work closely with our nation’s finest service members all while embracing integrity, diversity and work-life balance. AST offers generous reward and recognition programs in compensation, broad career development opportunities, excellent health care options, educational assistance, parental leave, flexible work schedules, 401(k) with matching, paid holidays and paid time off.
Whether you wish to live near and experience the California coast, the Maryland shores, our Nation’s capital, or Utah’s lakes and mountains, AST encourages you to consider exploring the unique and rewarding opportunities our cutting-edge-technology team can offer.
**This particular position can be staffed in Salt lake City, UT**
As an Infrastructure Engineer you will be an integral part of a team that makes decisions and generates ideas that will push products above and beyond. You will guide and oversee the design, develop, test and delivery of advanced high-capacity systems that process modern communications.
We are currently seeking Infrastructure Engineers with experience in system development to support multiple programs. You will work with other experienced members in R&D on system development and deployments for the protection of our country. You need excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work autonomously yet collaboratively in a team environment. You will generate briefings and present material to team members, customers, and AST Management as necessary.
- Minimum of 6 years related work experience developing in developing in python or similar scripting languages
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with System Administration
- Experience with configuration management systems (puppet, ansible, salt)
- Experience designing and setting up networks and data centers.
- Experience and/or knowledge of network protocols, such as TCP/IP
- Experience with enterprise grade networking equipment
- Experience verifying and validating the software and system work as intended
- Experience working both in a team environment and independently
- Existing TS/SCI clearance with Poly (Active within the last 24 months)
- Experience with User Interface development
- Experience with enterprise grade storage equipment
- Experience with object oriented programming languages.
- Strong experience with Python or other scripting languages
- Experience with or basic understanding of telecommunications systems concepts and/or signal processing
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or other containerized systems.
- Experience with process improvement
- Experience with automated system deployments
- Existing TS/SCI clearance with Full Scope Poly (Active within the last 24 months)
Bachelors of Science (BS) Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or a STEM related field
Masters of Science (MS) Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or a STEM related field
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons178032
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.