Senior Infrastructure Engineer IIBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 176470BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/21/2021 City Salt Lake City State UT Country United States
With locations in Sunnyvale and Anaheim Hills, CA, Salt Lake City, UT, McLean, VA, and Annapolis Junction, MD, AST provides trusted strategic and tactical SIGINT solutions that secure the interests of the U.S. and its partners. AST’s work in areas such as high-capacity broadband communications, signal processing and analysis, tactical SIGINT, and wireless communications continually challenges our extraordinary engineers to resolve problems and make the world a safer place. AST’s work environment is dynamic, highly collaborative and provides engineers the freedom to strengthen and expand their skills, explore new and creative ideas, and work closely with our nation’s finest service members all while embracing integrity, diversity and work-life balance. AST offers generous reward and recognition programs in compensation, broad career development opportunities, excellent health care options, educational assistance, parental leave, flexible work schedules, 401(k) with matching, paid holidays and paid time off.
Whether you wish to live near and experience the California coast, the Maryland shores, our Nation’s capital, or Utah’s lakes and mountains, AST encourages you to consider exploring the unique and rewarding opportunities our cutting-edge-technology team can offer.
**This particular position can be staffed in Salt lake City, UT**
As an Infrastructure Engineer you will be an integral part of a team that makes decisions and generates ideas that will push products above and beyond. You will guide and oversee the design, develope, test and delivery of advanced high-capacity systems that process modern communications.
We are currently seeking Infrastructure Engineers with experience in system development to support multiple programs. You will work with other experienced members in R&D on system development and deployments for the protection of our country. You need excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work autonomously yet collaboratively in a team environment. You will generate briefings and present material to team members, customers, and AST Management as necessary.
- Minimum of 6 years related work experience developing in C++ in a Linux environment
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Object Oriented Design and Development
- Experience with multi-threaded code
- Experience with System Administration
- Experience with distributed or networked systems
- Experience verifying and validating the software and system work as intended
- Experience working both in a team environment and independently
- Experience developing, coding, testing, and debugging complex algorithms
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, and weekends as needed
- Existing TS/SCI clearance (Active within the last 24 months)
- Experience with User Interface development
- Experience with Qt
- Experience and/or knowledge of network protocols, such as TCP/IP
- Experience with or basic understanding of telecommunications systems concepts and/or signal processing
- Experience with Configuration Management tools, such as Puppet, Chef, or Salt
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python and Perl
- Experience with Cisco networking equipment
- Experience with process improvement
- Existing TS/SCI clearance w/Poly (Active within the last 24 months)
Bachelors of Science (BS) Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or a STEM related field
Masters of Science (MS) Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or a STEM related field
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.