Test EngineerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01447291 Most Recent Date Posted 10/18/2021 City Rockford State Illinois Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
The Electronics Test Engineering (ETE) designs, integrates, and deploys test solutions for the development, qualification, and production testing of avionic electronic devices. The organization is a cross-functional team of Project Engineers, Circuit Engineers, Software Engineers, and Test Requirement Engineers. Our team provides a shared service that supports the Program and Product teams, as well as Production facilities around the world.
The Test Requirements Specification (TRS) engineer supports the development of test requirements and related activities for various electronic product lines developed within the Electric Systems business unit. Development of test requirements is directed at production testing of analog and digital PWBs, electronic controllers, power conversion and power distribution equipment used in aircraft electrical power generating systems. The successful candidate must demonstrate a technical understanding of signal level circuits and power circuits. In addition, the candidate must be a strong communicator.
- Analyze electrical schematics to develop a robust test strategy for a given circuit and determine coverage the tests provide to each component in the circuit.
- Participate in the requirements generation and design of test equipment. Integration and troubleshooting of test solutions.
- Develop and maintain product test documentation.
- Develop and/or improve test requirements related processes.
- Work in a cross-functional, agile team that includes project, circuit, software, hardware, requirements, and product engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree
- Master’s in Electrical Engineering
- Theoretical knowledge typically obtained through University Degree
- Experience in circuit analysis
- Knowledge of software and test sequencing
- Familiarity with power electronics
- Familiarity with Extensible Markup Language (XML), Microsoft Word, Visio, Excel
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Employee Referral Eligible
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms