Staff Engineer Structures and DynamicsBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01471948 Most Recent Date Posted 09/09/2021 City Rockford State Illinois Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
The successful candidate must demonstrate strong technical understanding of stress and dynamic analysis, and experimental methods in these disciplines. In addition, the candidate must be a strong communicator in presenting technical information to all levels within the organization.
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing structural and dynamic analyses of gas turbine engine power transfer components, including gearboxes, pumps, blowers and air turbine starters. The candidate will also be responsible for planning, conducting, and reporting results from dynamic tests supporting development, qualification, and field service issues for these products. Candidate will be expected to work on multiple tasks with a wide variety of project and RRCA teams.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Have experience in performing structural analysis, using a combination of hand calculations and finite element analysis. Previous experience with ANSYS, ABAQUS and Siemens NX (Unigraphics) CAD a plus.
- Have experience in performing dynamic analysis, including rotor dynamics, torsional system dynamic analysis, and environmental equivalence.
- Have experience in performing dynamic testing, including vibration qualification, self-induced dynamic surveys, modal analysis, and experimental stress testing. Previous experience with FFT analysis is required.
- Pursue a thorough understanding of the background and methodology of the tools being used.
- Work with outsourced vendors and component suppliers, reviewing analyses and test reports.
- Readily share experiences and information in the spirit of cooperation and teamwork.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 5 years’ experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required
- Engineering/Other Technical Positions: Bachelor’s degree (typically in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)) and a minimum of 9 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
- US Citizen is required.
- Structural analysis experience is preferred
- Dynamic testing and analysis experience is preferred
- ANSYS, ABAQUS and Siemens NX (Unigraphics) CAD proficiency is preferred
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Diversity drives innovation: inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy.
Join us as we take flight!
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms