Senior Test Equipment Design - Electrical EngineerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01465962 Most Recent Date Posted 09/12/2021 City Rockford State Illinois Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
The successful candidate will estimate budgets and schedules, design electrical systems, lead equipment verification & validation efforts, and support delivered test equipment within the Mechanical Power Conversion (MPC) division of Collins Aerospace. The test equipment is utilized for production, R&D, and qualification testing of cutting-edge military and commercial aerospace products including fuel pumps, air turbine starters and blowers, engine and air frame gearboxes, and lube and scavenge pumps.
- Coordinates and facilitates the fabrication, modification, selection, and evaluation of electrical and electronic subsystems, apparatus, and instrumentation & control components for use in test equipment and test processes.
- Designs electrical test equipment, components and systems for MPC (Mechanical Power Conversion) power generation, transmission, and distribution products.
- Works independently and as part of a cross-functional engineering team ensuring work is completed on-time, within quality standards, per specifications and contracts, and within budget constraints.
- Documents sketches, schematics, wiring diagrams, and specifications to construct, relocate, and install test stands, test equipment, test support equipment, and facilities infrastructure.
- Estimates budgets and schedules to construct, relocate, and install infrastructure, test equipment, and test support systems.
- Works on cross-functional teams which may include Product Development Engineers, Program Managers, Quality Managers, Manufacturing Engineers, and Operations Managers to define and prepare confidential test equipment proposals including specifications of proprietary hardware or software, equipment design documentation, schedules, and budgets.
- Researches, analyzes, evaluates, and qualifies new, alternate, or improved machines, components, subsystems, process methods, and designs.
- Plans, programs, integrates, validates, and updates test equipment data acquisition hardware and application software.
- Utilizes lean manufacturing and continuous improvement methodologies in manufacturing, testing, and transactional processes.
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience OR an advanced degree and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required.
- US Citizen is required.
- BSEE preferred
- Aerospace industry experience is preferred
- Experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, air compressors, motors, VFDs, torque sensors, flowmeters
- PLC and LabVIEW programming experience is preferred
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation: inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, criticalillness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms