Senior Mechanical Engineer - New Product DevelopmentBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01471620 Most Recent Date Posted 10/12/2021 City Rockford State Illinois Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
Mechanical Power Conversion has an exciting opportunity for a driven and ambitious future leader. Mechanical Power Conversion (MPC) is growing due to high customer demand and needs a Senior Mechanical Engineer - New Product Development. In this position the qualified individual will have the opportunity to lead cross-functional teams in engineering, operations, purchasing, etc. to implement new products across a variety of pumping and gear box technologies. As part of the project management role a successful candidate will be responsible for managing the schedule & budget as well as maintaining constant communication to the team as well as management. Additionally, the role requires a strong understanding of the fundamentals of machine design, heat transfer, thermodynamics, fluid dynamics and structural dynamics. Furthermore, this role will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on the speed of bringing new products to market. MPC is on the lookout for an ambitious candidate who is a superb communicator with strong technical skills and who wants to make an impact on the aerospace industry.
- Confidently provide clear, concise communications with peers and Collins leadership.
- Identify mitigation plans for impacted project
- Pursue cost saving opportunities to maximize project profitability.
- Conduct meetings and consolidate and present plans and progress reports relating to business aspects of the project.
- Identify and react to project problems and recommend solutions, such as reallocating resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Oversee and coordinate the administrative and operational aspects of ongoing projects within program guidelines.
- Liaise between project management and planning, project teams, and production line management.
- Review project and budget status, manage schedules, and prepare reports.
- Manage and coordinate hardware development configurations throughout the engineering process.
- Monitor and assess project issues; develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Meet program schedules and budgets; maintain the integrated master schedules for the project.
- Coordinate HW equipment modifications throughout the development process.
- Complete gated reviews throughout a project to insure optimal schedule efficiency
- Understand and execute test procedures
- Analyze, interpret, and report out test results
- Verify internal processes are being executed to reduce probability of engineering setbacks.
- Read and interpret drawings, provide mark ups, and coordinate drawing releases
- Estimates and tracks project budget and schedule utilizing EVMS decision making
- Creates schedule and project budgets for new business proposals
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 25-50%
- Responsible for executing medium to large projects to completion over multiple years
- Documents best practices into engineering standard work.
- Develops test procedures and completes test reports for verification of product requirements.
- Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience OR
- Advanced degree in a related field and minimum of 3 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a US Citizen
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Materials Engineering is preferred
- Active Security Clearance is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership in planning and executing the design and development of aerospace rotating equipment is preferred
- Experience working on multiple projects with competing priorities simultaneously is preferred
- Experience working with cross functional teams across department and business units is preferred
- Pump or mechanical geartrain design experience is preferred
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation: inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, criticalillness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Employee Referral Eligible
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms