Senior Engineer Pump DesignBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01471984 Most Recent Date Posted 09/09/2021 City Rockford State Illinois Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
The Mechanical Power Conversion group, a part of Collins Aerospace Power & Controls business unit, is looking for a design engineer to support new and existing programs in the fluid pumps product line. The engineer is responsible for execution of design and development activity.
- Candidate must have fuel pump design and analysis experience, particularly with centrifugal and axial piston pumps. Experience designing vane and external gear pumps is also preferred. Candidate must also have strong manufacturing knowledge, exhibiting demonstrated knowledge in developing cost effective and robust pumping solutions to customer’s needs.
- Aircraft system knowledge, particularly fuel and oil systems, and aerospace industry experience is preferred. Familiarity with industry design, test and certification standards for aerospace pumping systems is also preferred.
- MATLAB modeling and programming experience is highly preferable. CFD analysis experience in ANSYS Fluent or STAR-CCM+ is preferable as well.
- Candidate must excel at communication both in verbal and written formats, with the ability to adapt communication for a wide range of audiences including internal and external customers.
- Responsible for completing design and analysis tasks for one or more pump programs, including driving development activities on-schedule and within budget, while ensuring all technical and regulatory requirements are met.
- Candidate must have experience supporting product root cause investigations, as design engineering plays a key role in solving any product issues during the development process. This also includes evaluating empirical data to validate design tools and reconcile pump design/analysis results with test data.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 3 years’ experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
- Engineering/Other Technical Positions: Bachelor’s degree (typically in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)) and a minimum of 9 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
- US Citizen is required.
- Aerospace Industry experience preferred
- Pump Design experience is preferred
- Centrifugal and axial piston pump experience is preferred.
- MATLAB and CFD experience is preferred
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Diversity drives innovation: inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy.
Join us as we take flight!
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms