Materials and Operations Planning Intern (Summer 2022)Businesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01465201 Most Recent Date Posted 10/13/2021 City Rockford State Illinois Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
The Electric Power Systems business is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic summer intern for Sales Inventory & Operations Planning (SIOP). The position will not only support activities in the monthly SIOP cycle, but will also manage projects that drive maturation of key processes and tools, to include report outs to leadership on results. This position will require a highly adaptable leader, who can coordinate a cross-functional team at varying levels of the organization and balance the conflicting requirements of customers and stakeholders.
- Provides information to the Program Integrated Program teams in support of the SIOP process. The five steps in SIOP include Data Gathering, Demand, Supply, Financial Reconciliation, and Executive Review.
- Develops and leads Demand Reviews for multiple customers & aircraft with the value stream teams. This process allows the intern to develop relationships with our program teams including operations, supply chain, finance, and customer-facing team members.
- Leads cross-functional projects assigned by the Demand & Supply Managers, designed to improve process maturity. Establish a network of professionals in Finance, Program Management, Contracts, and Manufacturing disciplines.
- Evaluates the master demand schedule, including adherence to all required validations using the best information available, in order to provide long range OE and aftermarket demand visibility in support of financial planning, internal and external capacity management, and the overall SI&OP process.
- Creates and edits standard work for the SIOP functions ensuring processes are documented.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- Exceptional skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience working in an enterprise system, SAP preferred.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms