Electrical Engineer IIBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01477754 Most Recent Date Posted 10/13/2021 City Rockford State Illinois Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
Electric Power Systems is looking for an electrical engineer with a passion for aerospace to design and support Power Conversion products. The candidate will be expected to support both new product design and ongoing support for existing power electronics products while supporting multi-discipline projects with software and systems teams. This role will include regularly troubleshooting complex problems, developing solutions, and communicating outcomes while working with other circuit, electronics packaging, software, and system engineers. Candidate would ideally be familiar with aerospace design processes, and procedures such as DO-160, DO-254.
- Support the team lead by completing electrical engineering tasks
- Troubleshoot field failures and identify corrective actions
- Produce engineering changes to support product improvement requests
- Review, identify and produce solutions addressing production yield
- Support design creating and maintain requirements for new programs
- Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations OR
- In absence of a degree, 6 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar discipline
- Experience in electronic circuit design and testing
- Experience working in a team environment and communicating across multiple disciplines and levels of management
- Ability to read wiring schematics
- Aerospace experience
- Familiarity with DO-160 and DO-254 hardware design processes
- Experience with technologies and basic operating principals related to power electronic products such as inverters, converters, and motor drives
- Familiarity with power devices such as IGBTs, Mosfets and SiC
- Experience with Word/Excel/ PowerPoint
- Firmware experience
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms