Dir I General LawBusinesses Raytheon Saudi Arabia Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 172684BR Date posted 12/10/2020 City Riyadh Country Saudi Arabia
The General Counsel will also work closely with the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) as needed to effectively implement the Code of Conduct and the requirements of the Compliance Program and serve as a resource to the CCO in areas such as evaluating and mitigating risks, conducting investigations, setting audit plans, and conducting audits.
The General Counsel must be effective in communicating and collaborating with the Board, Management Team, and employees at all levels in the business. The position holds the authority to have decisions and recommendations taken seriously at all levels of the organization. The General Counsel will oversee all legal work at the Company, and define and disseminate legal policies and standards that meet the requirements of the evolving business and regulatory environment, train the workforce, and partner with other functions and programs within the Company to ensure that proactive internal monitoring and controls are in place, and respond to evolving legal risks in a timely manner.
- Establish vision, values, strategies and goals for the Legal Department (to include the Contracts and Supply Chain functions) and lead strategic and tactical legal initiatives.
- Develop, implement, and continuously improve the Legal Department policies, processes, template agreements, and operations of the Company.
- As an integral member of the Management Team and Management Committee, work daily with other executives and employees at all levels of the Company to provide practical and timely advice on a complete spectrum of legal and strategic business matters that support optimal business growth and minimize legal risk.
- Serve as Secretary to the Board.
- Proactively oversee and manage the Contracts and Supply Chain functions of the Company.
- Serve as a resource for the CCO in areas such as evaluating and mitigating risks, conducting investigations, setting audit plans, and conducting audits.
- Manage the Company’s intellectual property portfolio.
- Manage and effectively evaluate relationships with outside counsel.
- Establish organizational objectives, budgets, forecasts, and metrics for the Legal function.
- Lead initiatives to foster an ethical culture throughout the organization; develop materials for distribution to all employees to enhance awareness of Legal Department activities.
- Promote and ensure ethical and integrity-based business practices and decision-making across the Company.
- Actively support development of responses to government investigations and queries.
- Maintain current knowledge of laws and regulations, keeping abreast of recent changes.
- 15 plus years of diversified legal experience with a law firm or law department of a multinational business in leadership roles, with at least three years of experience in an operational environment.
- Bachelor of Law (LLB) degree from an accredited law school required with preference for J.D. LL.M. or similar advanced degree.
- Fluent in English, with preference for additional fluency in Arabic.
- Substantial experience providing sound advice and counsel at all levels of the organization on a complete spectrum of legal matters, such as: complex commercial transactions, government contracts, collaborative agreements, dispute resolution and litigation management, labor and employment, intellectual property, records management, domestic and international compliance, and real property.
- Demonstrate familiarity with implementation and oversight of Compliance Programs (including such areas as anti-corruption, trade (sanctions and import/export laws), cybersecurity and data privacy and protection, anti-tax evasion, anti-boycott and anti-money laundering, and antitrust).
- Possess commercial and business acumen with a proven track record of providing legal advice to achieve commercial and business objectives.
- Experience with corporate governance and corporate secretarial matters.
- Experience in high-technology and/or cybersecurity industry sectors highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Saudi and U.S. legal and regulatory requirements as well as international and industry standards.
- Experience conducting audits and internal investigations.
- Experience designing, overseeing, and managing legal training programs for employees and executives at all levels of the Company.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve complex legal and business issues and strong analytical skills to comprehensively and proactively assess and manage risk.
- Flexible, innovative, and adaptive self-starter with strong communication skills including presentation delivery.
- Management experience and ability to influence and drive company culture and change at all levels of the Company.
- Personally sets an example of transparent and ethical conduct.
- This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-US Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Raytheon is currently looking for talent to fill roles located in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia or Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia. It is contemplated that the employer in this case would be a planned Joint Venture between Raytheon and Saudi Aramco affiliated companies that has not yet formed and is subject to pre-formation regulatory clearances. Employment is contingent on formation of the Joint Venture and offers of employment will not be made by the Joint Venture until the formation is complete.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.