Customer Requirements & Capabilities ManagerBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 169041BR Date posted 11/29/2020 City Riyadh Country Saudi Arabia
Raytheon Saudi Arabia (RTN SA) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Raytheon Company (Raytheon) headquartered in Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Established in 2017, RTN SA builds on Raytheon’s fifty-two years of continuous presence providing comprehensive defense and security solutions to Saudi Arabian government and commercial customers. These innovative solutions and services are increasingly developed by Saudi citizens and delivered in Saudi Arabia and to the global market in a way that contributes to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s lasting security and economic development. RTN SA is a strategic supporter of Saudi Arabia’s Vision 2030
This role is responsible for growing Raytheon’s business in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) as well as pipeline development, external customer engagement and serving as the voice of the customer to internal Raytheon stakeholders. This position is located in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and will be a member of the country team reporting to the Country BD Leader.
Additionally, this role will assist the Country BD Leader by ensuring compliance with all internal operational policies, procedures, and practices within the RTN SA BD Organization. This position will coordinate the planning and management of customer correspondence, capture/proposal gate reviews, leadership visits, trade shows, external consultants and internal team reviews.
This individual will also develop associated financial tools and track relevant metrics, to include 5-Year Plan assessments, New Business Investment (NBI) requirements and Enterprise Raytheon Pipeline Manager (ERPM) opportunities. This individual will be accountable for the day-to-day cadence of tasks, processes and implementation of enabling infrastructure necessary to operate the RTN SA BD function effectively and efficiently.
The role is the “right hand person” of the Country BD Leader to ensure all activities of the BD team are run well so the rest of the team can focus on deepening customer intimacy, developing and executing winning capture strategies and proposals, and developing a robust pipeline.
to include, but are not limited to:
- Partner with business development, product line and functional leaders across the enterprise to evaluate customer insights and market dynamics to support the development and implementation of an enterprise-wide strategy for the Royal Saudi Armed forces.
- Regularly update Raytheon stakeholders with customer needs assessments, market data, opportunity identification and development status and key pursuits and milestones.
- Institute an internal network to enable reach back for product and service knowledge and support.
- Develop and maintain customer contact and engagement plans to establish a one Raytheon approach to managing the customer relationship.
- Lead the conduct of RTN SA BD staff calls and opportunity reviews.
- Organize logistics and management of outside business development consultants.
- Manage ERPM opportunities in coordination with business area capture leads and BD ops.
- Track customer engagements and coordinate on internal visitors for KSA.
- Lead the development of visitor guide (agendas, background material) for senior leadership visits.
- Facilitate implementation of initiatives across the function focused on continuous improvement and efficiency achievement.
- Track Integrated Product Development System (IPDS) milestones for KSA opportunities and apply IPDS best practice processes.
- Provide support to the development of the overall RTX strategy for KSA.
- Leverage business development metrics for continuous improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, International Affairs, Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced dynamic environment with time criticality.
- High level of computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal with all levels of management
- Strong collaboration skills enabling business results working internally and externally
- 12+ years of experience with progressive leadership positions in Business Development or Defense Sales.
- Demonstrated success in relationship building in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Ability to leverage customer knowledge to identify potential growth opportunities in KSA.
- Understanding of the global competitive defense market, including customers and industry players, within KSA.
- Experience tracking financial metrics and plans.
- Experience with the IPDS, ERPM, and NBI processes (or similar).
- History of providing clear direction and leading teams to success.
- Prior military or defense market experience.
- Knowledge of Raytheon Technologies (RTX) products and services.
- Prior involvement with KSA MoD programs, captures, and product lines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate directly and effectively with key decision makers.
- Experience with RTX (or equivalent) financial planning and analyses (FP&A) processes and procedures.
- Understanding of customer culture, political and military environment and cultural customs and norms of the region.
- Understanding of the procurement, fiscal and regulatory environment within the country.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.