Senior Program Quality Engineer, MilitaryBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01422741 Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Riverside State California Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA22: Aerostructures -Riverside 8200 Arlington Ave, Riverside, CA, 92503 USA
Collins Aerospace Aerostructures is looking for a Senior Program Quality Engineer, Military who will act as the Quality interface including customer and internal management communication, reviews and presentations for the assigned Military Programs. You need to be able to influence without authority. You will provide expertise between the organization and both internal/external customers to ensure their requirements and expectations are satisfied. You will support the development, implementation and continuous improvement for the assigned Military Programs.
**Will need to work onsite in Riverside, CA.**
- Manage customer issues in a timely professional manner
- Responsible for resolving critical issues/situations ensuring they are handled correctly and within current policy/procedure guidelines
- Source Inspections supporting DCMA activities both internally and externally at suppliers
- Updating the Quality Swim lane for Standard Work
- Support/Participate in Program Reviews, including but not limited to: PDR, CDR PDPR, MPR
- Experience with Preliminary Review (PR) & Material Review Board (MRB) activities
- Review & approve engineering drawings & changes
- Lead or participate in preventative and corrective actions
- Provide support relative to the collection and analysis of Program quality data
- Provide expertise and participate in process improvement tools and methods
- Develop/implement and auditing of inspection and test plans, standards and acceptance criteria, and procedures / work instructions
- Collect and analyze data to identify adverse trends and improvement opportunities
- PPAP oversight including PFMEA assistance with suppliers and UTAS technical focals
- Assist in the preparation, review and approval of specific quality documents, such as Quality Plans, Quality Test Procedures and Acceptance Test Procedures
- First Article Reviews
- Participation and preparation for customer, third party regulatory and internal audits
- Coordinate, preparation and management of Notification of Escapes with suppliers, internal manufacturing and the customer
- Perform as an integrated team leader with engineering, customer service support and operations to investigate and correct various quality issues related to internal non-conformance, product returns, supplier issues, customer complaints and corrective action requests with clear and concise reports to customers
- Facilitate the investigation and elimination of causes of quality problems and follow-up on corrective actions
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product / process performance to recommend and implement improvements in targeted areas of the organization
- Provide support in the way of development and evaluation of process capability, process control plans, analysis of out-of-control conditions, and process audits with the objective of improving the process performance and capability
- Participate in and lead Manufacturing Process Reviews
- Create/Review Data Packs
- Writing / evaluating QMS procedures
- Execute the initiatives of the organization such as Zero Defect Plan (ZDP)
- Any other special assignment as required
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
- 4+ years of Department of Defense (DoD) Program experience: Contracts, FARS, DFARS
- Experience with QA systems such as AS9100, AS9102, ISO, MRB (Material Review Board)
- Experience managing Quality Assurance Investigations such as rejection Tags and Corrective Action (ie. RCCAs)
- Able to communicate and make presentations to senior level personnel, to both internal and external customers.
- Continuous Improvement Tool experience
- MS PowerPoint-create presentations
- ERP system experience
- Able to travel up to 25% of the time both domestically and internationally (when circumstances permit)
- Military Quality flowdowns
- Experience with SAP, HFM, PowerBi etc.
- Six Sigma experience or LEAN, knowledge of Lean Product Development (LPD) and Continuous Improvement (CI)
- ASQ Certification and/or Six Sigma Black Belt
- Experience with Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) AS9145, Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Design Failure Mode and Effective Analysis (DFMEA), Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) or industry equivalent.
- Active Security clearance
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
You could be a great fit for our Quality organization if:
- You take immense satisfaction and pride in the quality of your work.
- You’re the first to point out opportunities for continuous improvement (even outside of work…not at all to the annoyance of your friends and family).
- You understand the absolute importance of adhering to compliance…all while making your customers proud by achieving a zero-defect quality delivery plan.
OK. We got it. You live and breathe Quality. So do we! For us at Collins Aerospace, quality is personal. People’s lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time, to the men and women who save lives, to the astronaut exploring outer space – what we do matters, every day. If you checked the boxes above, we invite you to join the Quality organization as we work to be the best aerospace company for the world by delighting our customers with 100 percent on-time delivery and zero defect parts.
Collins Aerospace’s Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles -- the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms