Operations Manager, ManufacturingBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01473508 Most Recent Date Posted 09/14/2021 City Riverside State California Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA22: Aerostructures -Riverside 8200 Arlington Ave, Riverside, CA, 92503 USA
Collins Aerospace is looking for an Operations Manager, Manufacturing to be responsible for supervising entry and intermediate professional level employees and the team leaders of production employees. You will set day-to-day goals, manage cell productivity, guide scheduling, sequencing of work, and oversee production innovation to optimize production.
- Ensures all quality related items for multiple cells or a complex cell are complete and documented to meet established quality standards.
- Guides cost reduction and process improvement in multiple cells or a complex cell to ensure efficiency of operations and cost effectiveness.
- Plans and executes scheduling for multiple cells or a complex cell to meet production schedules.
- Guides the sequencing of work, such as build and delivery, for multiple cells or a complex cell to optimize productivity.
- Supervises activities for materials and logistics problem resolution for multiple cells or a complex cell to ensure availability of materials and smooth operations.
- Manages cell performance and productivity for multiple cells or a complex cell to maximize productivity.
- Guides production innovation, including additive manufacturing, for multiple cells or a complex cell to enhance production capabilities.
- Interfaces with customers to understand customer needs and issues and ensure that the customers receive satisfactory standards of service
- Responsible for all or a major portion of processing operations in a plant.
- Oversees production operations (shop floor management, workforce management, and flow disruption management), maintenance, plant engineering, scheduling and personnel.
- Manages and supervises the work of manufacturing production disciplines in the Operations function.
- Performs professional or management work regularly across multiple Manufacturing disciplines.
- Includes activities that cannot be attributed to a defined Operations discipline
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 5 years’ experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required
- Experience utilizing lean manufacturing principles (ACE) to continuously improve methods, processes and production KPIs
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder.
- Candidates should have strong leadership/management/group leader/or related position experience.
- Experience leading/managing a team.
- MS Office experience
- SAP experience is highly preferred.
- Aerospace manufacturing experience.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace’s Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles -- the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Employee Scholar Program, tuition reimbursement program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility, and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Incentives for a Healthy You
- Bright Horizons, back-up child / elder care and college coach resources
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms