Software EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type NAC Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Full time telecommuting Job ID 173604BR Date posted 01/12/2021 City Riverdale State MD Country United States
Raytheon Technologies’ NOAA EPIC Program is seeking Software Engineers to work in a fast-paced Agile development setting for performing operations, design, and development of science-driven applications to operate in on-premise or cloud-based High Performance Computing (HPC) environments. EPIC provides acceleration community-developed scientific and technological enhancements into the operational applications for Numerical Weather Prediction (NWP) and improved Research to Operations (R2O).
As a member of the Raytheon EPIC team you will ensure adherence to operational agreements and polices (including response times), compliance to program and NOAA standards and requirements (including Section 508 compliance), leveraging of industry best practices for automation and scalability of assets, and implementation of issue detection and alerts.
The following duties are expected to be carried out by the Software Engineer:
• Writing, testing, updating, and packaging application codebases.
• Conducting assessments on code baselines and comparing the structure(s) to published code standards.
• Enforcing published code standards in the use of a CI/CD pipeline.
• Migrating support scripts, data models, essential utility libraries to the cloud.
• Overseeing configuration management of datasets deploys to multiple commercial cloud platforms.
Full time telecommuting is available for this position.
Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills Requirement:
• Bachelor degree and at least 2 progressive years of engineering experience.
• Knowledge and understanding of application hosting, with at least 1 year of experience using Cloud Services in a Commercial Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) or Platform as Service (PAAS) environment.
• At least 1 year of full life cycle Software design and development experience on large/complex n-tier client/server applications.
• Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes for automating, scaling, and packaging applications into containers.
• Knowledge of CICD and infrastructure code solutions such as Jenkins, Maven, Ansible, and Terraform, for configuring and automating application runtimes.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Good experience in preparing IT technical documents.
• Experience developing microservices, and/or refactoring monolith applications into microservices.
Education Requirement (including Major):
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field.
Relocation is not authorized for this position.
Benefits offered: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays.
This is a contingent position that requires either a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.