Senior Software EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type NAC Relocation eligible No Job ID 166002BR Date posted 08/06/2020 City Riverdale State MD Country United States
Are you amazed by the satellite views of cool places on Earth? Are you excited by the fire and fury of a rocket launching into space to examine distant galaxies? All of these capabilities are made possible by the products made by Raytheon. We invite you to consider joining us in developing the next generation of space-based imaging systems.
Raytheon’s NASA EED-2 Program is seeking an Senior Software Engineer to work in a fast-paced Agile development environment performing operations, design, and development for the NASA Earthdata Cloud. Earthdata Cloud is a core capability in NASA’s Earth Observing System Data Information System (EOSDIS), which provides end-to-end capabilities for managing NASA’s Earth science data from various sources – satellites, aircraft, field measurements, and other programs. As a member of the Raytheon EED-2 team you will ensure adherence to operational agreements and polices (including response times), compliance to program and NASA standards and requirements (including Section 508 compliance), leveraging of industry best practices for automation and scalability of assets, and implementation of issue detection and alerts.
Required Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
- Bachelor degree and at least 6 years of engineering experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of application hosting, with 2 years of experience using Cloud Services in an Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) or Platform as Service (PAAS) environment.
- In-depth knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS), including networking and serverless services such as Lambda and Step Functions
- 2-4 years of programming / scripting experience in C++, BASH, Python, Java and Java script particularly within an Agile development environment.
- Experience in supporting infrastructures and operations using DevOps automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform. Focus on high availability of hardware, data replication, and provide real-time recovery in failure situations
- Familiar with core suite of AWS services related to DevOps, with particular depth in those that are heavily used when providing DevOps automation solutions, including the Management and Deployment services such as Terraform and IAM
- A strong desire to automate processes, build software tools, and create infrastructure-as-code solutions in a DevOps environment.
Experience with the UNIX OS.
Experience with full life cycle Software design and development experience on large/complex n-tier client/server applications.
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.