Senior AWS Software Test Engineer (AWS)Businesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type NAC Relocation eligible No Job ID 164312BR Date posted 07/02/2020 City Riverdale State MD Country United States
The Senior Software/System Test Engineer is responsible for working within a fast paced, Agile team to support the design and deliver new infrastructure as code automated test functionality and support existing frameworks in the AWS Cloud. This position requires strong deductive reasoning, attention to detail, persistence, patience, and creativity. The individual will work with the Senior Automation, internal development teams, Database Administrators, Business Analysts, and support teams to analyze, build and maintain automated test frameworks and suites across all test phases.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Support the design and implementation of test automation framework for Infrastructure as code in an AWS environment for application performance/scalability testing to verify the quality of deployed code
- Support the building of automation test tooling and pipelines that enable secured and tested systems to be deployed across a variety of environments in the AWS Cloud
- Communicate issues, risks and any blockers to senior engineers and or management
- Conduct cloud operations tasks including backups and patching
- Uses Infrastructure as Code tools (e.g. Terraform and Packer) and techniques to deliver re-usable services in the AWS cloud.
- Conduct troubleshooting/test execution in support of remediation efforts as required
- Possess outstanding skills in communicating complex technical issues and in providing comprehensive written, oral and/or digital products (including document organization and technical writing)
- Help facilitate a culture of automation and a quality first culture
Required Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
- B.S. in Computer Science, or Computer Engineering and at least 6 years of engineering experience
- at least 2 years of software/application engineering experience in AWS or other cloud providers
- Low to Mid level expertise with Python and/or related scripting languages
- Experience designing and implementing highly-scalable functions via Lambda, CloudWatch, SNS/SQS, and other cloud-native services
- Experience building or supporting cloud native services and solutions such as AWS
- Strong knowledge of network and systems and systems administration
- Experience scripting, such as shell, Python or Go
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining computer hardware and software in a large-scale enterprise environment.
- Hands on experience with change automation and orchestration.
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
- Experience with DevOps tools, process and culture
- experience with CI/CD Pipelines
- Network administration experience
- Experience with AWS Management Console and Services
- Experience with automation frameworks such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt
- Experience supporting software development teams, tools, and processes
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and the Atlassian tool Suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo)
- Red Hat Enterprise (RHCE)
- Oracle Enterprise Linux (Linux Administrator OCA), or Linux Foundation Linux Certification (LFCE).
Desired experience with practices and concepts:
Automated Test frameworks, DevSecOps, GitOps, ConfigOps, Configuration as Code, Infrastructure as Code, CI/CD, Declarative Programming, Event-driven Architectures/Pipelines. Familiarity with tools such as Tenable Nessus, McAfee, Microsoft Group Policy Management
- Bachelor degree in a technical major, such as engineering or computer science
This position requires either a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.