Platform Engineer/ManagerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Part time telecommuting Job ID 172706BR Date posted 12/10/2020 City Riverdale State MD Country United States
The Principal Information Systems Technologist - Platform Manager will manage a Platform as a Service (PaaS) capability supporting the US Navy’s Surface Combatant Software Factory known as The FORGE. As a Platform Manager you will provide technical leadership for the Platform Reliability Engineers and work directly with the Navy Product Owner, the Development teams and the DoD Platform One team, to provide a PaaS environment where classified software development can proceed at the speed of relevance to counter the Nation’s adversaries and maintain technological superiority. You will utilize hardened Cloud Native Computer Foundation (CNCF) compliant Kubernetes distributions available from the USAF Platform One and help the Navy customer derive the value of these offerings to deliver the benefits of container application platforms.
Work location is at Navy’s FORGE site in Riverdale, MD. There will be occasional travel other program sites for meetings and to provide Platform support.
This role will include, but is not limited to tasks like the following:
Be accountable for managing the Platform team and project healthDeal directly with the customer on Platform Architecture and any related softwareLead and guide the Platform Engineers in the update and sustainment of The FORGE PaaS inclusive of the PaaS SDK, CI/CD SDK, and the CI/CD pipeline.Sustainment of The FORGECreate a backlog, write user stories based on customer requirements, and manage releasesCoordinate Platform security assessmentsProvide expertise for operational management of The FORGE PaaS Foundry on logging, monitoring, management, disaster recovery, security compliance/auditing, networking and storageWork closely with developer teams in on-boarding, integration and troubleshooting.
Must be a U.S. Citizen with an active DoD Secret (or higher) Security clearance2+ years of leadership experienceFamiliarity with modern container services and orchestration systems such as Kubernetes
- Experience in an Agile DevSecOps methodology environment
- Experience with both legacy and cloud-native environments
- Working knowledge of networking
- Strong experience working as part of a team collaborating on problem resolution.
- Experience keeping short-term, tactical details of a product release in focus, clearly visible to teams and stakeholders, and under control
- Experience with large scale production systems and dealing with production issues
- 8+ years of experience in related fields or technologies to this job description
- Desired Skills:
- Technical expertise in Kubernetes
- A system administration, software development or DevOps automation background.
- Experience in scripting (Bash/Python/Go/etc)
- Experience with configuration management (Chef/Ansible/Puppet)
- Experience with technologies that provide networking and security in a containerized environment
- Experience with managing software deployments utilizing gitops approaches using tools such as argocd or flux
- Professional Certifications such as: RHCE, Linux+, MCSA, AWS Solutions Architect, AWS Developer, Security +, CISSP
- Benefits offered: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays.
- Salary Range $98,700 - $143,100
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.