EED-3 Earthdata Operations Principal Software EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type NAC Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Full time telecommuting Job ID 184365BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/04/2021 City Riverdale State MD Country United States
Full time telecommuting is available for this position.
Life with Raytheon Intelligence and Space
In this role, you will work with an amazing team of engineers, on the EED-3 program that supports NASA in its mission to provide scientists and other users access to data from NASA’s Earth science missions. More specifically, you will be working with the NGAP team, which has developed and is maintaining a cloud-based development platform to host all EOSDIS cloud applications.
What You'll Get to Do:
As an Principal Software Engineer on the Raytheon Technologies EED-3 team, you will ensure adherence to operational agreements and polices (including response times), compliance to program and NASA standards and requirements (including Section 508 compliance), leveraging of industry best practices for automation and scalability of assets, and implementation of issue detection and alerts.
You Bring These Qualifications:
- Experience automating processes, build software tools, and create infrastructure-as-code solutions in a DevOps environment.
- Experience using Cloud Services in an Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) or Platform as Service (PAAS) environment.
- In-depth knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS), including networking and serverless services such as Lambda and Step Functions
- Experience with developing data-driven automation solutions leveraging observability tools like ElasticSearch and Splunk to optimize application services
- Experience implementing cloud security solutions using DevSecOps processes
- Experience optimizing cost for cloud hosted applications and services
- Recent programming / scripting experience in C++, BASH, Python, Java and Java script particularly within an Agile development environment.
- Experience in supporting infrastructures and operations using DevOps automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform. Focus on high availability of hardware, data replication, and provide real-time recovery in failure situations
- Bachelor degree and at least 8 years of engineering experience.
It Would Be Great if You Also Had One or More of the following:
- Familiar with core suite of AWS services related to DevOps, with particular depth in those that are heavily used when providing DevOps automation solutions, including the Management and Deployment services such as Terraform and IAM
- Experience with the UNIX OS.
- Experience with full life cycle Software design and development experience on large/complex n-tier client/server applications
Due to the nature of the work, we can only consider US citizens who are able to pass a National Agency Clearance with Inquires (NACI) screenings.
What We Can Offer You:
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance understanding its importance to overall wellbeing and productivity.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Raytheon tenures, and we are developing an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on roles that are more complex in the future.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Raytheon, we embrace and respect our differences. Diverse backgrounds, experiences, and views benefit our environment and problem solving, ultimately leading to greater success across the business. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion and continually striving for a more collaborative, respectful, and equitable workplace. We have nine employee-led Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), reaching 181,000 employees globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences.
Benefits: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays.
Benefits: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays
#WeAreRIS #EngineerJobs #EngineeringCareers #Hiring #softwareengineerjobs #softwareengineers
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.