UI/UX Software ArchitectBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI - Current Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 164323BR Date posted 07/02/2020 City Richardson State TX Country United States
Then join our team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
Raytheon Intelligence and Space , located in Richardson, Texas (Cityline) is looking for a candidate to join our world-class engineering team as a UI/UX Software Architect.
The UX/UI Software Architect will be assigned to a program primarily within the Global Intelligence Solutions (GIS) product line. The architect candidate is expected to be an experience frontend UX/UI architect and capable of supporting the development of web applications and their associated platforms & libraries. The selected candidate should also have a good foundation in Java or C++ and extensive experience working in a LINUX or UNIX environment. A demonstrable understanding of software principles, theories, and concepts related to software engineering (including software development lifecycle and software development process), design patterns and Object Oriented analysis, design, and programming should be within the experience scope of the candidate.
This position is eligible for a Sign on Bonus up to $40K for a candidate with a current TS/SCI clearance that can be verified and hired at Raytheon Technologies
The selected candidate must have an active TS/SCI clearance.
Job responsibilities include:
- Solidify the technical architecture for our systems and libraries.
- Adhere to accepted standards and processes for development, participating in code peer reviews, conducting design reviews to ensure maximum stability and quality of product
- Support design and requirements analysis and derivation efforts for Requirements and Design Reviews
- Manage technical risk and debt of the architecture for UI development
- Provide leadership and communicate vision to the team
- Mentor and foster technical and professional development of the team
- Deliver world-class technology for our websites, services and libraries.
- Partner with managers and stakeholders to drive projects forward
- Active/Current TS/SCI clearance
- Experience executing complex technical projects
- 6+ years of prior relevant experience in Software Engineering or related discipline
- 5+ years of frontend UX / UI architecture experience
- 5+ years of frontend web application development
- Experience with SpringBoot applications, Docker containers and cloud based deployments
- Experience with extending frameworks to provide common abstraction libraries
- Experience solving front-end performance and scalability challenges in high traffic web applications
- Experience with developing real-time UIs that display, manage or status real-time events
- Strong client-facing skills and comfortable communicating with a leadership team
- Experience developing and deploying distributed cloud-based applications
- Experience using web services (interface definition, implementation) including RESTful APIs
- Experience using scripting languages such as Ruby or Python
- Familiarity with QT, a C++ UI toolkit
- Familiarity with JavaFX, a standard UI library for Java SE
- Experience with a microservice architecture
- Experience with a software modeling tool such as MagicDraw
- Experience using continuous integration tools such as Jenkins or Bamboo
- Experience with automated testing, build automation and dependency management tools
- Experience using task management tools such as JIRA Agile
- Experience coding applications that interface with Postgres and MongoDB
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related STEM degree with 6+ years of relevant work experience
If you have the technical knowledge in software engineering and system development (DevOps, Cloud, or Cybersecurity) and the desire to learn and grow in a company with over 60,000 global employees, then Raytheon Technologies is worth the time to explore. Our latest company video is about our people, our technology, our vision, and the values we hold dear at Raytheon Technologies. Click here to learn more:https://www.youtube.com/raytheontechnologies
Our new Cityline facility in Richardson, TX has many amenities that make work and life balance. On site we have a 24 hour fitness facility, a health center, a massage therapist, relaxation rooms, a mother’s room, an upscale cafeteria, a learning center, collaboration rooms, fun space that includes a foosball and pool table, and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Popcorn Thursday’s, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedules, are just a few of the reasons people come to work at Cityline.
Plus there are a lot of trendy area restaurants and shopping within blocks of our site with shuttle service to help you get there!
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.