Sr. Position - Linux Systems, Automation, Container Orchestration, Splunk, AnsibleBusinesses Raytheon Technologies Corporate Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Job ID 154830BR Date posted 01/11/2020 City TX State Billerica Country MA
Please apply if you have:
Linux engineering experience! (engineering/administering Linux systems)
Automation, containers, and container orchestration
Skilled at Splunk, software development, Ansible etc...
We are looking for Systems Engineers or IT Professional skilled at Linux/Splunk!
Raytheon Technologies Cyber Operations Engineering has an opening for a Sr. Cyber Defense Technologist II and is seeking an experienced Linux Systems Engineer to support enterprise Packet Capture.
As a member of Cyber Operations Engineering, you will be part of a team of security engineers with extensive technical experience in systems engineering, enterprise data networks, security monitoring, capacity planning, troubleshooting, automation, and orchestration. The team’s primary mission is to support Raytheon’s cyber SOC and incident response teams by delivering critical services. These services include IDS/IPS, SIEM, case management, packet capture, and others.
You will be part of the team responsible for the management of Raytheon’s enterprise packet capture service. In addition to handling the day-to-day administration of the system, you’ll work closely with our SOC and incident response teams to provide support during investigations, identify opportunities to integrate with other services to improve user experience, and deploy new features and capabilities. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Proactively monitor the service for performance and other issues, and address them in a timely manner while adhering to a strict change management process.
- Interface with end users to share knowledge and get feedback to improve the service; Prioritizing and executing upon that feedback.
- Lead projects to patch, upgrade, and extend the platform.
- Physically available to support onsite work in both lab and production environments, including prompt emergency work.
- Administration and troubleshooting of the hardware, operating system, and application.
- Providing support for other services, as needed.
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Minimum 6+ years of experience working in Systems Engineering (Linux) or IT (Splunk) and a bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of work experience and schooling/certifications in lieu of degree.
- Experience building and administering Linux based systems.
- Experience working with containers and container orchestration technologies (Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes, Rancher, etc.)
- Professional experience building and managing clustered Elasticsearch environments.
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP and basic principle of networking (routing and switching)
- Proficiency with programming and scripting language (Python, Perl, etc.)
- Understanding of cyber security concepts.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; Able and willing to collaborate with others to complete assignments.
- Aptitude for troubleshooting, creative thinking, and problem solving.
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a U.S. security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Experience with protocol analysis and network forensics, and the ability to analyze packet headers and protocol exchanges.
- Experience supporting open-source software based solutions.
- Experience with configuration automation/orchestration tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Understanding of SDLC methodologies, especially Agile
- Experience with public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience working on a Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT)
- Previous experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Experience with security log analysis
- Information Security and IT certifications: GIAC, CISSP, Cisco, Red Hat, AWS, etc.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cyber, Mathematics or related discipline or equivalent combination of work experience and schooling/certifications in lieu of degree
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.