Sr. Java Software Engineer IIBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI - Current Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 161071BR Date posted 04/27/2020 City Richardson State TX Country United States
Then join our Raytheon Technologies team of smart people solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
Raytheon Intelligence and Space, located in Richardson, Texas (Cityline) is looking for a candidate to join our world-class engineering team as a Sr. Java Software Engineer II. As a candidate for this opportunity you should have a good foundation in Java or C# and extensive experience working in a LINUX or UNIX environment. The candidate should have a demonstrable understanding of software principles, theories, and concepts related to software engineering (including software development lifecycle and software development process), design patterns and Object Oriented analysis, design, and programming.
A bonus of "up to" $40,000.00 is available to hired applicants with an active TS/SCI, or higher clearance.
Job responsibilities include:
- Interpret requirements into software architecture and design
- Design, develop and code software sufficient to meet the requirements of one or more components or systems
- Perform integration, test and documentation duties to ensure proper operation of hardware and software platforms
- Integrate a wide variety of applications from various sources; integrate and ensure they meet performance standards for stability and resource utilization
- Adhere to accepted standards and processes for development, including writing unit tests which provide a high percentage of code overage; participating in code peer reviews, conducting design reviews, and generating test plans to ensure maximum stability and quality of code
- An empathic focus on user needs
- Using excellent interpersonal and soft skills in solving user problems
- A dedication to learning and mastering new technologies, tools, and methods
- A commitment to excellent user experiences
- 6+ years of software development experience in Java, C/C++ or C# in a LINUX or UNIX environment
- 2+ years of experience with RESTful services
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Experience using source control tools associated with defect/issue tools
- Experience using JDBC to connect to relational databases (programmatic & command line)
- Current TS/SCI clearance
- Experience developing and deploying distributed cloud-based applications
- Development, inspection, and manipulation of XML, XSDs and WSDLs
- Experience using SOAP-based web services (interface definition, implementation, WS-Security)
- Experience with Spring
- Experience using continuous integration tools such as Hudson/Jenkins or Cruise Control
- Experience with automated testing, build automation and dependency management tools
- Experience using task management tools such as JIRA Agile
- Experience coding applications interfacing with Postgres and Mongo databases
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
- Experience as a Scrum Master, Product Owner, or Release Train Engineer ( RTE SAFe)
Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM), or related STEM degree program from an Accredited University/School/College with 6+ years of relevant work experience.
If you have the technical knowledge in software engineering and system development (DevOps, Cloud, or Cybersecurity) and the desire to learn and grow in a company with over 60,000 global employees, then Raytheon Technologies is worth the time to explore. Our latest company video is about our people, our technology, our vision, and the values we hold dear at Raytheon Technologies. Click here to learn more:https://www.youtube.com/raytheontechnologies
Our new Cityline facility in Richardson, TX has many amenities that make work and life balance. On site we have a 24 hour fitness facility, a health center, a massage therapist, relaxation rooms, a mother’s room, an upscale cafeteria, a learning center, collaboration rooms, fun space that includes a foosball and pool table, and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Popcorn Thursday’s, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedules, are just a few of the reasons people come to work at Cityline.
Plus there are a lot of trendy area restaurants and shopping within blocks of our site with shuttle service to help you get there!
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.