Software Architect / Product OwnerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI - Current Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 159758BR Date posted 04/15/2020 City Richardson State TX Country United States
Then join our Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) team of smart people solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy. Our new Cityline facility in Richardson, TX has many amenities that make work and life balance. On site we have a 24 hour fitness facility, a health center, a massage therapist, relaxation rooms, a mother’s room, an upscale cafeteria, a learning center, collaboration rooms, fun space that includes a foosball and pool table, and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Popcorn Thursday’s, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedules, are just a few of the reasons people come to work at Cityline.
If you have the technical knowledge in software engineering and system development (DevOps, Cloud, or Cybersecurity) and the desire to learn and grow in a company with over 60,000 global employees, then IIS is worth the time to explore. Our latest company video is about our people, our technology, our vision, and the values we hold dear at IIS. Click here to learn more: https://youtu.be/qvbCgKpkEds
This position is eligible for a Sign on Bonus up to $40K for a candidate with a current TS/SCI clearance that can be verified and hired at IIS.
IIS, located in Richardson, Texas (Cityline) is looking for a candidate to join our world-class engineering team as a Software Architect / Product Owner.
Job Description: The Software Architect / Product Owner will be assigned a program primarily within the Global Intelligence Solutions (GIS) product line to fill the role to help development of the customer’s Future Ground Architecture. The selected candidate should have a good foundation in Java or C# and extensive experience working in a LINUX or UNIX environment. The candidate should have a demonstrable understanding of software principles, theories, and concepts related to software engineering (including software development lifecycle and software development process), design patterns and Object Oriented analysis, design, and programming. Candidates must have an active TS/SCI clearance.
Job responsibilities include:
- Interpret requirements into software architecture and design
- Design, develop and code software sufficient to meet the requirements of one or more components or systems
- Perform integration, test and documentation duties to ensure proper operation of hardware and software platforms
- Integrate a wide variety of applications from various sources; integrate and ensure they meet performance standards
- Adhere to accepted standards and processes for development, including writing unit tests which provide a high percentage of code overage; participating in code peer reviews, conducting design reviews, and generating test plans to ensure maximum stability and quality of code
- Support design and requirements analysis and derivation efforts for Requirements and Design Reviews for the Future
- Work with multi-discipline teams in the creation of technical work products
- Active/Current TS/SCI clearance
- 4+ years of software development experience in Java, C/C++ or C# in a LINUX or UNIX environment
- 3+ years of experience with RESTful services
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Desire to work and thrive in a team environment
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Able to work independently with very little supervision
- Experience using source control tools associated with defect/issue tools
- Experience using JDBC to connect to relational databases (programmatic & command line)
- Experience in OPIR area
- Experience developing and deploying distributed cloud-based applications
- Development, inspection, and manipulation of XML, XSDs and WSDLs
- Experience using SOAP-based web services (interface definition, implementation, WS-Security)
- Experience with Spring
- Experience using continuous integration tools such as Hudson/Jenkins or Cruise Control
- Experience with automated testing, build automation and dependency management tools
- Experience using task management tools such as JIRA Agile
- Experience coding applications interfacing with Postgres and Mongo databases
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM), or related STEM degree program from an Accredited University/School/College with 4+ years of relevant work experience.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.