Principal Software ArchitectBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 163106BR Date posted 06/29/2020 City Richardson State TX Country United States
Raytheon Intelligence and Space, located in Richardson, Texas (Cityline) is looking for a candidate to join our world-class engineering team as a Software Architect.
The architect candidate is expected to work within an evolving agile development organization and will be accountable for refining software requirements, providing development estimates, designing & implementing software and managing timeline commitments. The selected candidate will also provide architectural designs and technical leadership to the software team. A demonstrable understanding of software principles, theories, and concepts related to software engineering (including software development lifecycle and software development process), design patterns and Object Oriented analysis, design, and programming should also be within the experience scope of the candidate.
The selected candidate must be able to obtain an active TS/SCI clearance.
A bonus of "up to" $40,000.00 is available to hired applicants with an active TS/SCI, or higher clearance.
Job responsibilities include:
- Interpret requirements into software architecture and design
- Perform integration, test and documentation duties to ensure proper operation of platforms
- Partner with managers and stakeholders to drive projects forward
- Strong and effective communication skills in both written and verbal formats
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, and processes
- Investigate and resolve support issues
- Work independently, with minimal day to day guidance
- Have the ability to work as a part of a cross-functional engineering team
- Mentor and foster technical and professional development of the team
- Implement new business requirements as well as migrate legacy applications to new technologies.
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- 8+ years of experience in delivering high quality, innovative applications and programming (Java, C++, etc.)
- 2+ years of leadership experience (team lead, technical lead)
- Experience using SOAP-based and RESTful web services
- Experience with frameworks such as Spring or Spring Boot
- Desire to work and thrive in a team environment
- Experience using JDBC to connect to relational databases (programmatic & command line)
- Experience executing complex technical projects,
- Experience with container services tools such as Docker and cloud based deployments
- Experience with container management tools such as Rancher or Openshift
- Experience using agile methodologies for development
- Experience in OPIR area
- Experience developing and deploying distributed cloud-based applications
- Development, inspection, and manipulation of XML, XSDs and WSDLs
- Experience using scripting languages such as Ruby or Python
- Experience using task management tools such as JIRA
- Experience with Apache Service Mix or other type of ESB
- Experience using continuous integration using tools such as Hudson/Jenkins or Cruise Control
- Experience with automated testing, build automation and dependency management tools
- Experience developing and deploying micro-services
- Experience working with AWS
- Experience coding applications interfacing with Postgres, Mongo or other NoSQL databases
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM), or related STEM degree program from an Accredited University/School/College with 8+ years of relevant work experience.
If you have the technical knowledge in software engineering and system development (DevOps, Cloud, or Cybersecurity) and the desire to learn and grow in a company with over 60,000 global employees, then Raytheon Technologies is worth the time to explore. Our latest company video is about our people, our technology, our vision, and the values we hold dear at Raytheon Technologies. Click here to learn more:https://www.youtube.com/raytheontechnologies
Our new Cityline facility in Richardson, TX has many amenities that make work and life balance. On site we have a 24 hour fitness facility, a health center, a massage therapist, relaxation rooms, a mother’s room, an upscale cafeteria, a learning center, collaboration rooms, fun space that includes a foosball and pool table, and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Popcorn Thursday’s, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedules, are just a few of the reasons people come to work at Cityline.
Plus there are a lot of trendy area restaurants and shopping within blocks of our site with shuttle service to help you get there!
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.