Optical EngineerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01418197 Most Recent Date Posted 04/06/2021 City Princeton State New Jersey Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HNJ03: ISR Systems - Princeton 330 Carter Road, Princeton, NJ, 08540 USA
The position's primary responsibilities will be the development and maintenance of the software and utility tools for camera testing, image analysis and production support, as well as the development and maintenance of the embedded microprocessor software applications used to control and process data from custom infrared imaging products. As a design team member, the position will require participation in project planning during program proposal and execution phases, selection of target processor hardware and development tools during system architecture design phase, development of source code for target processor during detailed design implementation phase, test and debug of processor hardware and code during system integration and test phase, and software documentation and support during transfer to production phase. As a design team member, the position will require heavy collaboration with production, quality control, hardware and other software design engineers.
- Perform system engineering work of SWIR camera system that includes:
- Modeling optical system performance
- Simulating image processing algorithms
- Writing system requirements
- Writing optical components/system specifications
- Participate in:
- Project planning during program proposal and execution phases
- Selecting optical components/systems and vendors
- Doing hands-on lab experiment
- Supporting QA of window and optical components inspection and investigation and helping make pass/fail decision.
- Involvement in:
- Vendor management and in-field customer support
- Site laser safety
- Typical projects like modeling optical system performance of a multimode camera and specifying optical components/system requirements for a camera
- This position plays a key role in driving the SWIR camera system technology and product roadmap
- This position requires heavy collaboration with production, quality control, program management, mechanical, hardware, and firmware and software design engineers.
- Minimum 5 years of system engineering experience in developing real-time embedded system
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future. Collins Aerospace will not offer sponsorship for this position.
- Teamwork and good oral/written communication skill are must.
- Experience in glass quality, imaging component selection and laser safety
- Familiarity with MatLab
- Optical Modeling Software experience with Zemax preferred
- Must understand how cameras work and be able to read specs
- Problem solving
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- This position is within a small team but connects to almost all the functions of the organization in our small site
- This position is in Princeton, New Jersey, a few minutes away from Princeton University. The job offers a good work-life balance and provides a wide range of development opportunities
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms