Systems Engineering - Summer 2021 Interns (Cyber)Businesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 170994BR Date posted 11/03/2020 City Portsmouth State RI Country United States
One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
Raytheon Technologies (RTX) offers an innovative and inclusive culture; welcoming diversity and collaboration and providing numerous opportunities for career growth.
The System Design & Architecture Directorate is the central focus for Mission Systems Integration activities within Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD). The more than 2,100 employees provide requirements definition and design at the system, subsystem and component level every day in a collaborative environment characterized by respect for the individual, problem solving in a team setting, consensus oriented solutions, and results based recognition. Supporting this mission are teams providing domain expertise and creative solutions in surveillance, naval and missile defense based radar system design, undersea sensor system design, integrated air and missile defense systems engineering, command and control/battle management system design, combat system and platform architecture design and integration, software intensive system engineering, cyber solutions and algorithm development for signal processing, tracking and discrimination systems. The team welcomes you to join our tradition of excellence through innovation and teamwork while championing individual diversity in a flexible work environment to meet the needs of today’s workforce.
Join this highly visible team and perform technically challenging assignments that will directly contribute to protecting our nation and our war fighters.
Join the fast growing and highly visible Cybersecurity team. Build your System Integrity and Cyber Security skillset to perform technically challenging assignments which will directly contribute to protecting our nation and our war fighters. Specific job responsibilities will be designed to match the candidate's technical interest and academic background, including supporting emerging and existing programs in defining, architecting and implementing system protection solutions and requirements.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program with an emphasis in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Cyber Security, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics, or related technical field.
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Leadership or participation in college campus organizations, athletics teams, or community service groups
- Strong analytical skills
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Authored technical papers and/or technical presentations
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to apply systems security engineering concepts, principles, and theories and explain to others who might be unfamiliar
- Ability to pursue information (self-starter), organize, multi-task and prioritize tasks in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Relevant work, course work, or research project experience in offensive or defensive cyber security engineering, computer systems engineering, IT, network security, software assurance, reverse engineering, requirements development, software/hardware integration, configuration management, technical writing, etc.
- Educational background, interest, and/or some working knowledge in the following areas:
- Layered Security Architecture and Designs
- Concepts related to network topologies, network based security (i.e. firewalls, internal/external routing and switching), host based protection, anti-virus, OS patching, system security administration
- Cyber Security policies and risk management best practices such as the NIST Risk Management Framework as described in NIST Special Publication 800-37, DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG), and/or Program Protection Plan policies (DoDI 5000.02 and DoDI 5200.39)
- Security systems engineering pertaining to computer hardware and software operating systems (e.g. Windows, Linux, Unix), virtual machines (VMWare), and/or application-based solutions in both a stand-alone and/or in LAN/WAN configurations
- Vulnerability testing (or penetration testing) and network and cyber security tools such as Retina, NMap, Nessus, Wireshark, Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP), Metasploit, firewall solutions (Cisco, Juniper, Forcepoint) cross-domain solutions, HIDS/NIDS, etc.
- Encryption and cryptographic concepts, cryptographic applications, and COTS secure products
- Familiarity with a modern computer programming language (e.g. Java, C++, C, Python, Ada) and/or other application or software development experience
RTX has been recognized as a respected employer and valued corporate citizen for our employment practices, programs and community support by a number of highly-regarded organizations. The list includes: Forbes, Glassdoor, National Veterans Small Business Association, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, Environmental Protection Agency, Affinity Inc. and many more.
What We Offer: Whether you are just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, RTX offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits RTX offers include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon Technologies' Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.170994
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.