Special Access Programs Sr Systems Administrator I-II, PTSBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Top Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 171973BR Date posted 12/02/2020 City Portsmouth State RI Country United States
Integrated Defense Systems
Top Secret Classified Areas
Special Access Programs/SIPRNet
A great opportunity for job seekers with Classified IT Systems Administration & Defense industry experience. Join our Raytheon Technologies IT Team!
This role will include, but is not limited to the following tasks:
- Collaborate with partners to define computing requirements and create end-to-end solutions consisting of hardware and operating system technologies
- Integrate and partner with programs to solve complex infrastructure problems
- Assure a high level of reliability and performance through systems monitoring and infrastructure management
- Respond to online service requests from users
- Ensure server and application compliance with security and performance requirements (DFARS, RMF, NIST Cybersecurity Framework)
- Install, Convert, and upgrade systems
- Develop, revise, and maintain technical and operational documentation (including procedures) to continually improve our computing environments
- Maintain and grow your technical competence in multiple areas (such as Windows, Linux, virtualization, User Authentication, DNS, NFS, system imaging/build automation)
- Assist in developing the overall performance and capability of your technical team through mentoring and knowledge sharing
- Ensuring that all the Information Assurance (IA) software security patches and version and virus signature file updates are up to date
- Recommending any improvements or other changes necessary
- Maintenance of system and data security processes and applications such as virus scanning, auditing, collection of audit logs, system scripts and data collections scripts
- Running periodic system and data security scans, backups and recovery tasks as required per published system administration procedures.
- Assisting in development and update of system administration procedures
- Supporting Disaster Recovery and incident response exercises as required
- Updating network diagrams following integration of approved system configuration changes
- Ensuring that configuration changes follow the change approval process
- Updating system hardware and software inventories for all approved integrated changes
- Providing vendor interface for hardware and software repair and maintenance
- Procure equipment when required after identifying requirements with the customer, selecting the appropriate product, submitting the purchase requisition and providing vendor follow-up
Capped Budget relocation is available to the selected applicant if they are eligible per company policy - the amount will be discussed at the appropriate stage of the hiring process.
This Position can be filled at either a G08 or G09 level commensurate on experience and qualifications at the hiring manager's discretion.
- 4+ years total experience in administration of Windows operating systems, including Windows 7, 10, Server 2008, 2012, 2016 **AND/OR** 4+ years total experience in administration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and 7
- 4+ years total professional experience working in IT
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy
- Security+ certification (DoD 8570 IAT2 or higher)
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong adaptability (changing priorities)
- Willingness to travel (<10%)
- Must possess an active US DoD Top Secret Security Clearance (DOD), except in rare cases, only US Citizens are eligible to obtain US Security Clearance.
- RMF (Risk Management Framework) knowledge
- SAP (Special Access Program) experience
- SIPRNet (Secret Internet Protocol Routing Network) experience
- STIG (Security Technical Implementation Guide) experience
- SCAP (Security Content Automation Protocol) experience
- VMWare / vSphere / ESXi experience
- NetApp experience
- Tenable / Nessus experience
- McAfee / HBSS / ePO experience
- Symantec knowledge
- Networking / Cisco / TCPIP / OSI knowledge
- Splunk knowledge
- Lumension / Ivanti / Endpoint Security Device Control knowledge
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Science or a related field; OR significant directly applicable professional experience in lieu of a BS will be considered at the hiring manager's discretion.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.