Senior Instructional DesignerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type DV Relocation eligible No Job ID 175925BR Most Recent Date Posted 06/16/2021 City Portsmouth Country United Kingdom
Location - Portsmouth
The Sr. Instructional Designer at Raytheon Professional Services is responsible for the design of learning and training materials and courseware to support further content development as part of an integrated Course Modernisation Design and Development team in the Portsmouth office. The courseware may be produced for many different industries and will be delivered in a variety of interactive media.
- Developing training across several platforms such as eLearning, Virtual Classroom Training (VCT), Print-based and Interactive materials and/or Instructor-Led hands-on training.
- Applying the ADDIE model for eLearning, Virtual Classroom, and Instructor-Led media Developing training and materials that are instructionally sound, consistent with approved style guides and communicate learning concepts effectively
- Interface daily with Project Manager, Project Lead, Subject Matter Expert(s), as well as, members of functional teams such as Graphic Artists and test lab personnel.
Demonstrated experience creating and developing training materials and courseware with advanced levels of proficiency in the following:
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting schedule, cost and quality controls
- Research content and glean information from technical, soft skill, and business documentation, engineering personnel, or other technical subject matter experts to design the appropriate learning solution
- Organize and lay out content visually, including detailed graphic design instructions
- Write learning and performance-based objectives
- Apply knowledge of commonly-used concepts practices and procedures within Instructional Systems Design
- Independently perform design/development duties and adhere to instructions and established guidelines
- Presentation and document development using MS Word and PowerPoint
- Limited travel to support development and validation of course materials
- Working knowledge and understanding of DSAT (Defence Systems Approach to Training) course design requirements
- Experience in using the latest development tools, such as, Captivate, Articulate 3 and /or Articulate Storyline 360, and Adobe products
- Excellent writing skills (use of language, grammar, spelling, organizing content)
- Ability to work with a diverse group of professionals across multiple functions to ensure project requirements are met
- Ability to work with Virtual team members
- Instructional Design Degree or demonstrate qualification and practical experience in Instructional Systems Design.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.