RAM EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 172168BR Date posted 12/01/2020 City Portsmouth State RI Country United States
Here at the Seapower Safety & Lifecycle Management section, we provide a variety of Engineering capabilities to the Whole Life Engineering and Support Department, including:
- Failure Reporting Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS)
- Reliability Availability Maintainability Analysis (RAM)
- Technical Documentation/Logistics Management Information
- Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages (DMSMS)
We are conducting search for a Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) Engineer who will have the opportunity to contribute to multi-disciplinary teams with the objective to oversee system safety within major development programs:
- Developing innovative technical solutions to unusually complex reliability problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity with little to no supervision
- Reviewing design changes from a Whole Life Engineering perspective, which may include identifying any potential reliability impacts
- Performing internal and external supplier interface to resolve reliability issues
- Generating updates to system reliability (such as predictions, part stress analyses and part de-rating), availability and maintainability models
- Performing Failure Modes Effects Criticality Analysis (FMECA) Reliability, Availability and Maintainability with emphasis on Failure Reporting, Analysis, and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) interfacing directly with program leads and technical staff
This position can be a Salary Grade G09 or Salary Grade G10 based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- 6+ years’ engineering experience
- At a Grade G09, 4+ years of experience in the aforementioned area along with a relevant Master's Degree may be considered for this job.
- At a Grade G10, 6+ years of experience in the aforementioned area along with a relevant Master’s Degree may be considered for this job.
- US citizenship is required
- Experience with performing Reliability, Availability and Maintainability analyses (predictions, part stress analyses and part de-rating, tin whisker assessments, part obsolescence, MTBF, Ao, FMECA, MTTR and Fault Trees)
- Experience interfacing with suppliers
- Contractual bidding process experience with military customers
- Professional certification in the area of Reliability, Availability and Maintainability
- Understanding of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and its implementation
- Existing secret clearance is a plus
BS in a STEM discipline or a BA in Mathematics, Computer Science or Physics
This job is located in Portsmouth, RI. Our campus has miles of nature trails, a fitness center with locker rooms, a dining center, research library and a fully staffed medical facility. There is an active chapter of the Young Employee Success Network (YESNET), one of RMD’s employee resource groups, with a focus on networking, new hire outreach, career development, community service and social activities. In addition, it is just a five-mile trip to the famed beaches of Newport, Rhode Island, or that short drive north to Boston.
This job is posted internally as Sr. Systems Engineer II / Principal Systems Engineer
Here at Raytheon Missiles and Defense Systems (RMD), we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that’s shared by our employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
What We Offer: Whether you are just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits on offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.