Equipment EngineerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01419874 Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Plymouth Country United Kingdom
Location:Atlantic Inertial Systems Limited, Clittaford Road, Southway, Plymouth, PL6 6DE
Collins Aerospace, a unit of Raytheon Technologies, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together UTC Aerospace Systems and Rockwell Collins, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At the Plymouth location we design and manufacture products for control, navigation and guidance for surface and air applications in the global aerospace and defence markets. Our world leading products include the innovative MEMS based IMUs and the digital terrain reference navigation system, TERPROM®.
Avacancy has arisen for an Equipment Engineer at the Plymouth site. You will provide first line support across our site, ensuring that Equipment is maintained and calibrated whilst providing breakdown support to all equipment on site. This includes legacy and cutting edge systems with a mix of technology, manual and automated equipment. In addition to off the shelf equipment the site has custom built bespoke electro-mechanical equipment, environmental chambers and safety systems.
Key responsibilities include:
· Working to planned schedules to minimise down time for calibration, maintenance and the upgrade of equipment within Build to Print Manufacturing.
· Diagnosing and rectifying faults by applying methodical problem solving techniques.
· Complying with company procedures and documentation to fulfil quality and regulatory standards.
· Providing auditable documentation and reports to support calibration, maintenance and safety related tasks.
· Liaising with Original Equipment Manufacturer for support and maintenance.
· Experience of working in a time sensitive, safety critical, highly technical environment.
· Exceptional organisational skills, self-motivated and team worker.
· Experience of using Microsoft office and Equipment databases.
· Project Management experience.
· Ability to communicate effectively and be able to prioritise their own workload.
· Demonstrable Equipment / Instrumentation experience.
The successful candidates will be educated to HNC level in Electrical / Electronic engineering or equivalent and have at least 3 years of experience working in an equipment support or calibration role.
Those candidates with Motion Simulator experience are strongly welcomed to apply, although training will be provided to all successful candidates.
A high level of commitment and flexibility is required in order to meet the agreed equipment uptimes and provide timely support to the Engineering and Manufacturing teams. This may require you to work out of normal working hours to cover equipment failures.
In return, we offer a suite of benchmark benefits including membership of BUPA, Annual Leave Buy/Sell, Employee and Family Assistance Programme, employee discounts, and much more, all working within a culture based on positive assumptions in an exceptionally safe, clean and modern working environment.
Please note that potential candidates will be subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and background checks and that project access restrictions may apply to some nationalities.
Employee Referral Scheme Eligible
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms