Electrical Repair Tech III LeadBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01404932 Date posted 08/08/2020 City Phoenix State Arizona Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:A50: Phoenix - Aerospace 1007 E. University Drive, Phoenix, AZ, 85034 USA
At our Collins Aerospace Phoenix MRO, we specialize in the repair of electronic components for aircraft. As a lead technician with our team, you will have one of the opportunity to directly impact our customers by testing and troubleshooting units while also coordinating efforts to better serve our customers.
- Testing a variety of electronic units using prescribed test procedures:
- Setting up and operating various test stands
- Configuring test equipment for special tests as needed
- Interpreting and recording test results
- Recognizing and isolating test equipment failures
- Using diagnostic tools to troubleshoot electronic units to the sub-assembly and component level
- Reading and interpreting technical data such as component maintenance manuals, engineering prints, and schematics
- Effectively communicating work status to team members and support staff (e.g. shift pass down, engineering, maintenance)
- Understand theory of electronic circuitry and electrical components
- Aiding Value Stream Managers in the coordination of efforts across the facility
- Working with other departments to effectively complete tasks.
- Prioritizing and distributing work
- Providing daily reports and escalations to management
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to read and interpret technical data
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise technical manner
- Good computer skills and knowledge of office software applications
- This is a 1st shift opening— the hours for 1st shift are 6:00AM to 2:30PM.
- You may occasionally need to provide weekend and holiday support to meet customer needs.
In your role, you will be exposed to:
- Products of various weights and sizes.
- Equipment with moving parts.
- High potential (voltage/current).
- Chemicals that may emit fumes.
- To minimize safety risk to you and product, you must wear static-control and personal protective equipment.
Due to the nature of our work, you will need to be able to perform the following functions, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Distinguishing colors and meeting vision requirements.
- Bending, stooping, reaching, turning as needed to place units in test stands, pick up totes, place units on rack, etc.
- Using hands for extended periods of time to perform testing and troubleshooting tasks (e.g. grasping, holding, picking, placing, twisting, fine manipulation).
- Sitting or standing at a workbench/test stand for extended periods of time.
- Lifting up to 10 pounds unassisted.
- Transporting product with or without product carts.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least 2 years of experience.
- Electrical technician certification or degree in electronics.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Experience testing and troubleshooting electronics to the component level.
- Continuous improvement processes and tools (e.g. Six Sigma, Lean, etc.).
- Leadership experience in aerospace or electronics aftermarket/service.
- Demonstration of leadership experience.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
- This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms