Field Service Engineer (FSE)Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01420613 Most Recent Date Posted 04/16/2021 City Patuxent River State Maryland Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW228: NAS Patuxent River 22091 Sears Road Bldg. 2785 , Patuxent River, MD, 20670 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to, once again, transform the future of flight—designing building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So- calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
In this high visibility, team oriented environment, FSE’s provide planning and technical support of flight test operations to include engine maintenance, systems troubleshooting, and the sustainment of support equipment, material, and processes.
You'll have hands-on interaction with the propulsion systems, aircraft, and engine ground test stand.
You'll be working closely with P&W Engineering and P&W technicians as well as Lockheed Martin to resolve technical and logistical problems involving propulsion system operation and maintenance with an additional objective of maturing the program’s support systems.
The Field Service Engineer will use self-initiative and discernment to identify problems, conduct investigations to resolve root cause, and coordinate resolution of field issues with the P&W Site Manager, Engineering, and Logistics Program Management team.
You'll also team with other PW on-site personnel to achieve Program, Environmental Health & Safety Employee Fulfillment and Quality initiatives.
You must be willing to work 1st and 2nd shift, at least on a rotational basis.
Occasional domestic and foreign travel is possible to support P&W operations at other military locations or to deploy with an Edwards squadron.
- B.A./B.S. in a related engineering/technical field. Non-technical degrees will be considered only if the person has a technical background in a directly related field
- B.A. /B.S. in related engineering/technical field, plus appropriate experience
- 3+ years of professional experience in turbo-machinery propulsion systems, engine assembly planning, flight/development test engineering, or engine/aircraft maintenance
- 3+ years' proficiency with Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Visio
- US Citizen, due to DoD contracts
- Ability to obtain/maintain US DoD Secret Clearance for position requirements within 12-18 months
- Dynamic problem solver with strong problem solving skills and the ability to craft solutions to everyday challenges with creative new ideas
- Strong communication and influential skills and the ability to work effectively with associates at all levels throughout the organization
- Military engine maintenance and/or flight operations
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms