F135 Working LeadBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01417241 Date posted 01/14/2021 City Patuxent River State Maryland Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW228: NAS Patuxent River 22091 Sears Road Bldg. 2785 , Patuxent River, MD, 20670 USA
F135 Working Lead (Lead Engine Technician)–Patuxent River Naval Air Station
Responsible for coordination of production requirements and ensuring quality standards are met for F135 gas turbine engines or modules and associated new technologies. Communicate requirements and information to team members, supervisor and management. Interface and coordinate with various other functions (quality, engineering, customer, QAR) to resolve issues and ensure timely product delivery. Coordinate workload and manpower/special task certification requirements with other Working Leaders. Assign day-to-day tasks to team members.This Job Description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve.
- Oversee and guide the full and intermediate maintenance/repair on engines, modules and components, routine maintenance of support equipment, local support for investigations, and process improvement activity.
- Conduct in process inspections. Must be able to position themselves to perform maintenance and inspections underneath engine rails and inside the engine exhaust duct.
- Schedule weekend work teams if overtime is needed to meet production requirements.
- Ensure teams training is completed on time and required proficiencies are met.
- Refer difficulties to Maintenance Supervisor.
- 2+ years F-135 engine experience
- Previous experience in Aerospace/Military Aircraft-tear down/buildup of jet engines.
- Familiarity with flight line maintenance operations.
- ACE Associates or equivalent.
- Qualified to perform crane operations, blade blends, borescopes, and run engines at test cell.
- High school diploma
- Must have a secret clearance, or the ability to acquire such a clearance.
- Must have the ability to interpret technical documentation for advanced propulsion systems.
- Candidate must also be able to work atop maintenance platforms, ascend/descend maintenance stands, lift 25 pounds to a height of 4 feet, and lift/move heavy objects.
- Accuracy and attention to detail in work performed is a must.
- Individual must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced team environment with changing/multiple priorities, have strong interpersonal and communication skills, and work independently.
- Must be able to rotate between shifts as needed, work overtime/holiday’s when required, and be able to travel occasionally as needed.
- Ability to use computer, Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Access, and Word).
- Obtain and maintain licenses, operator permits, or certifications as required.
- Perform additional tasks in support of business objectives and/or to develop the individuals' skills
- Knowledge of how to interpret SDS and use of PPE.
For safety sensitive positions, you will be subject to FAA Anti-Drug and Alcohol Misuse Prevention regulations. The law requires both pre-employment testing for cocaine, amphetamines, PCP, opiates and marijuana use and random testing for these drugs and alcohol misuse.
All Employees Shall:
- Comply with the EH&S Policy and applicable regulatory and company EH&S rules and requirements.
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are either unsafe or that may adversely impact the environment, to ensure prompt resolution of potential hazards.
- Support the organization’s efforts to meet or exceed EH&S goals and plans.
- Recommend improvements to EH&S practices.
- Comply with the Quality Policy and applicable company Quality rules and procedures.
- Attend scheduled training.
- Support and participate in continuous improvement activities, including Kaizen, 6S, and QCPC.
- Develop new skills necessary to support business needs and job satisfaction.
- The employee is responsible for complying with RTX’s “Code of Ethics,” the “Policy Statement on Business Ethics and Conduct in Contracting with the U.S. Government,” and related policies.
- Employees executing their responsibilities shall take all steps necessary to foster open communications and to support RTX’s compliance, business practices, DIALOG, and Ombudsman programs.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to work at Patuxent River Naval Air Station!
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms