Engine TechnicianBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01418233 Date posted 01/14/2021 City Patuxent River State Maryland Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW228: NAS Patuxent River 22091 Sears Road Bldg. 2785 , Patuxent River, MD, 20670 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to, once again, transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
F135 Engine Mechanic –Patuxent River Naval Air Station
Candidate performs the necessary work to disassemble, inspect, repair, assemble, and test (as required) Pratt & Whitney F135 gas turbine engines or modules and associated new technologies. The candidate works in a team environment with Field Service Engineers, Engineering, and our customers to provide world class maintenance and support. This Job Description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve.
- Full and intermediate maintenance/repair on engines, modules and components in shop and flight line environments.
- Routine maintenance of support equipment.
- Local support for investigations and process improvement activity.
High School diploma or GED
- Must have experience in the disassembly/complete teardown, inspection, and assembly/buildup of gas turbine engines.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Must be a US Citizen due to federal contracts.
- Must have the ability to interpret technical documentation for advanced propulsion systems.
- Must also be able to work atop maintenance platforms, ascend/descend maintenance stands, lift 25 pounds to a height of 4 feet, and lift/move heavy objects.
- Must be able to position themselves to perform maintenance and inspections underneath engine rails and inside the engine exhaust duct.
- Accuracy and attention to detail in work performed is a must.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced team environment with changing/multiple priorities, have strong interpersonal and communication skills, and work independently.
- Must be able to rotate between shifts as needed, work overtime/holiday’s when required, and be able to travel occasionally as needed.
- Ability to use computer.
- Obtain and maintain licenses, operator permits, or certifications as required.
- Perform additional tasks in support of business objectives and/or to develop the individuals' skills.
- Knowledge of how to interpret Safety Data Sheets and proper usage of Personnel Protective Equipment.
- Previous experience in Aerospace/Military Aircraft-tear down/buildup of jet engines.
- Familiarity with flight line maintenance operations.
- FAA Powerplant License.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Access, and Word).
- ACE Associates or equivalent.
- Qualified to perform crane operations, engine blade blends, engine borescope inspections, and run engines at test cell.
All Employees Shall:
- Comply with the EH&S Policy and applicable regulatory and company EH&S rules and requirements.
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are either unsafe or that may adversely impact the environment, to ensure prompt resolution of potential hazards.
- Support the organization’s efforts to meet or exceed EH&S goals and plans.
- Recommend improved EH&S practices.
- Comply with the Quality Policy and applicable and company Quality rules and procedures.
- Attend scheduled training program.
- Support and participate in continuous improvement activities, including Kaizen, 6S, and QCPC.
- Develop new skills necessary to support business needs and job satisfaction.
- The employee is responsible for complying with RTX’s “Code of Ethics,” the “Policy Statement on Business Ethics and Conduct in Contracting with the U.S. Government,” and related policies.
- Employees executing their responsibilities shall take all steps necessary to foster open communications and to support RTX’s compliance, business practices, DIALOG, and Ombudsman programs.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to work at Patuxent River Naval Air Station!
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms