Engine Technician/MechanicBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01416869 Most Recent Date Posted 05/08/2021 City Patuxent River State Maryland Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW228: NAS Patuxent River 22091 Sears Road Bldg. 2785 , Patuxent River, MD, 20670 USA
F135 Engine Mechanic –Patuxent River Naval Air Station
This is a phenomenal opportunity to work at Patuxent River Naval Air Station!
Candidate must perform the work necessary to disassemble, inspect, repair, assemble, and test (as required) Pratt & Whitney F135 gas turbine engines and associated new technologies. The candidate must work in a team environment with Field Service Representatives, Engineering, and our customers to provide world class maintenance and support.
- Full and intermediate maintenance/repair on engines, modules and components, routine maintenance of support equipment, local support for investigations and process improvement activity, must have the ability to interpret technical documentation for advanced propulsion systems.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain licenses, operator permits/certifications as required.
- Perform additional tasks in support of business objectives and/or to develop individual skills.
- Candidate must also be able to work atop maintenance platforms, ascend/descend maintenance stands, lift 25 pounds to a height of 4 feet, and be able to position them self to perform maintenance/inspections underneath engine rails and inside the engine exhaust duct.
- Accuracy in work performed is a must. Individual must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced team environment with changing/multiple priorities, have strong interpersonal and communication skills, and work independently.
- Must be able to rotate between 1st & 2nd shift as needed.
- Must be able to work overtime/holiday’s when required.
- Must be able to travel occasionally as needed.
High School diploma
- Candidate must have experience in the disassembly, inspection, and assembly of gas turbine engines
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
- Must be a US Citizen due to federal contracts
- Previous experience in Aerospace/Military Aircraft-tear down/buildup of jet engines
- Familiarity with flight line maintenance operations
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, and Word).
All Employees Shall:
- Comply with the EH&S Policy and applicable regulatory and company EH&S rules and requirements
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are either unsafe or that may adversely impact the environment, to ensure prompt resolution of potential hazards
- Support the organization’s efforts to meet or exceed EH&S goals and plans
- Recommend improved EH&S practices
- Comply with the Quality Policy and applicable and company Quality rules and procedures
- Attend scheduled training program
- Support and participate in continuous improvement activities, including Kaizen, 6S, and QCPC.
- Develop new skills necessary to support business needs and job satisfaction
- Utilize all personal protective equipment (PPE) required as a result of Process Risk Analysis
The employee is responsible for complying with UTC’s “Code of Ethics,” the “Policy Statement on Business Ethics and Conduct in Contracting with the U.S. Government,” and related policies. Employees executing their responsibilities shall take all steps necessary to foster open communications and to support UTC’s compliance, business practices, DIALOG, and Ombudsman programs.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms