Sr Hardware Systems Eng IIBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 178665BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Patrick AFB State FL Country United States
Raytheon Technologies Intelligence and Space is currently seeking a talented Sr. Hardware Systems Engineer to join our Sustainment Engineering team at Patrick AFB, FL on the Mobile Sensors program.
The Mobile Sensors Management Office's (MSMO) fulfills the requirements for the operations and maintenance (O&M) of two (2) Mobile Radar Systems: COBRA KING, located on the United States Naval Ship (USNS) Howard 0. Lorenzen (TAGM-25) and GRAY STAR, located on the USNS Invincible (T AGM-24). The MSMO supports the management, operations, maintenance logistics, engineering, design, and sustainment of both Mobile Radar Systems, to include; logistics support of mission/support equipment, recording, playback, distribution of mission data, sustaining engineering to maintenance performance within specs, evaluate user needs, design, acquire, assemble, integrate, install, and test system modifications, maintain and modify software, maintain configuration control, analyze/correct data, respond to changing requirements with modifications and improvements, and supply support.
As a Sr. Hardware Systems Engineer, you will serve as a lead technical point of contact for one of the Mobile Radar Systems. As the technical POC, you will correspond and brief the program office, the customer and other external entities related to assigned sustainment projects. Working with the Chief Engineer, MSMO Lead Sustainment Engineer and the Sustainment Engineering Team, the Sr. Electrical Engineer helps set the technical direction for assigned projects based on his or her technical experience in the relevant domain.
A strong radar background is required. Typical duties include establishing calibration requirements for fielded systems/equipment to include all maintenance task, performs maintenance and maintainability demonstrations for customer, reviews documentation/operating procedures for technical adequacy, assists in the development of maintenance engineering and logistics support, plans and contributes to proposal efforts, analyzes technical data and reports to determine spares and support equipment provisioning requirements, reviews site survey results and letters of offer and acceptance and formulates specific recommendations for spare/repair parts and support equipment, may originate support plans for offer to customer and provide technical assistance to existing customer personnel.
This position requires OCONUS travel to either Mobile Radar System in support of assigned projects.
Must be a US Citizen with a current/active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TOP SECRET CLEARENCE
- Familiarity and experience with Phased Array Radar systems
- Familiarity and experience Linux based computer operating systems such as AIX and RHEL
- Experience with relevant engineering experience working on a government contract.
- Experience performing engineering, analytical and problem solving activities using structured problem solving techniques.
- Experience developing and reviewing Engineering Change Requests.
- Experience applying technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques to solve problems.
- Experience briefing (both written and oral) effectively to all levels of the organization, from peers to senior management
- Experience operating within an organization governed by company policies & procedures
- Active Secret clearance
- Experience and familiarity with the COBRA KING and/or GRAY STAR system
- Field experience supporting military installations and equipment
- Thorough understanding of engineering practices and the system lifecycle
- Experience ensuring program progress via formal risk & opportunity management
- Experience providing technical direction and review of supplier development activities including development of Supplier Statement of Work (SOW) and conducting design reviews
- Familiarity with Raytheon company policies & procedures
- Flexibility to support a wide range of technical product lines beyond ship based radars to include fixed and mobile surveillance systems, facility systems, land and airborne, EO/IR and RF ISR sensor integration
- Bachelor's in Science, Technology, Engineering, and/or Mathematics (Preferred Majors: Systems, Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical) and 6+ years of relevant experience - or
- Master’s in Science, Technology, Engineering, and/or Mathematics (Preferred Majors: Systems, Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical) and 4+ years of relevant experience
- Will accept 14 years of related experience in lieu of a degree
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.