NWS Life Cycle Material Manager (LCMM) – Power GenerationBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 184381BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/15/2021 City Ottawa Country Canada
Raytheon provides Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services for the NWS including full care, custody, and control of the entire system and its components. This includes the radar sites; five logistics support sites (LSSs), a monitoring and control center, and a repair depot. Key activities include maintenance and repair of radar and electronic systems, power generation, and facilities; logistics support; and remote monitoring and control.
Raytheon seeks a Life Cycle Material Manager (LCMM) – Power Generation to support the NWS system O&M Program Office in Ottawa. This position reports to the LCMM supervisor and is responsible for providing life cycle management oversight and guidance for various diesel powered generators.
****This is a six (6) month term contract with the possibility of an extension.****
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Perform Life Cycle Management for a variety of systems, which includes reviewing processes and practices, formulating recommendations and suggestions for improvement
• Initiate and investigate Unsatisfactory Condition Reports (UCRs), business cases and options analysis, plans for decommissioning of equipment and/or systems, Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) and initiating and monitoring corrective actions as required
• Maintain NWS Preventative Maintenance Program for power generation systems, including all associated task cards and work instructions. Update task cards including maintenance intervals and methods to ensure continued serviceability of equipment and systems
• Gathering and analysis of maintenance data to perform trend analysis reporting for power generation systems
• Establish and monitor sparing levels to ensure maintenance can be performed in a timely manner and not delayed due to a lack of spares. Identify reliable sources of spares to ensure the term serviceability of installed equipment and systems
• Collaborate with Engineering and Training departments to establish training standards and requirements for technicians operating and/or maintaining new and existing equipment
• Analyze equipment failures to determine root cause and recommend corrective action. Keeps performance and maintenance records on equipment
• Interface with internal departments, cross-functional teams and external customers ensuring effective communications regarding status and priority of work, problem solving and resolution of conflicts
• Prepare reports and summaries as required, including analysis and reconciliation of data and inconsistencies. May include configuration/data management
• Ensuring the currency of all technical documentation, including drawings, manuals and other related documentation
• Other tasks as assigned
• Degree, diploma or trade designation in a related discipline
• Minimum of 5 years of experience related to Power Generation and Diesel Engines
• Strong knowledge of working and configuration of 208/600V synchronous and non-synchronous generators, with ability to read and interpret related drawings and manuals
• Strong knowledge and application of Canadian Electrical Code
• Ability to obtain an enhanced security clearance and controlled goods
• Individual must enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively interact and problem solve within a team and external stakeholders (e.g. customers, vendors)
• Strong skill set with the Microsoft Office product suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Ability to travel on an as required basis
Desirable Skills and Experience:
• Ability to function and complete tasks independently, with minimal supervision
• Ability to multi task and prioritize assigned tasks and conflicting deadlines
• An understanding of working collaboratively on a team, and the willingness to be an active and supportive member
• Problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to make recommendations
• Previous experience working with Maximo
• Knowledge of additional relevant codes and regulations is an asset
• Experience working with geographically dispersed locations
• Cultural awareness, sensitivity and an understanding of work in the Canadian Arctic
Raytheon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a wide diversity of applicants. Raytheon is committed to providing long-term, sustainable and meaningful economic benefits for Inuit Beneficiaries and their communities through activities such as on-the-job training, mentorship and skills development at all levels of employment. If you are an Inuit Beneficiary or a Land Claim Beneficiary from the Nunatsiavut, Nunavut or Inuvialuit Settlement Region you are encouraged to submit your resume.
NWS promotes employment equity as part of the Legislated Employment Equity Program and encourages those who are: a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority to apply. Individuals contacted for a job opportunity should advise the company of any accommodation measures needed in a timely manner.
Successful completion of security clearances are required by candidate prior to starting on the program. Candidate must complete a criminal reference check and pass a security clearance check to a level as required for the position through the Canadian Government.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.184381
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.