Senior Manager, FacilitiesBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01445079 Most Recent Date Posted 04/27/2021 City Opa Locka State Florida Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HFL05: Landing Gear - Miami 3201 NW 167th Street , Opa Locka, FL, 33056 USA
Collins Aerospace is looking for a senior Facilities Management professional with significant experience for the Miami Gardens facility. This position will be responsible for implementing functional strategies for the Facilities team. Communicates with and influences senior functional and site leaders regarding matters of significant importance. Responsible for improving processes of assessment and oversight for building and equipment / tooling to ensure proper functioning and optimal utilization of the organization’s facilities for safe operation and business continuity.
- Oversees the planning, organizing and scheduling of activities and directs the design, maintenance, construction, renovation, and repair of organization facilities (property, plant, and equipment) to ensure proper functioning across the site.
- Manages the maintenance personnel (employees and / or service contractors) across 3 shifts; this includes training, motivating and monitoring the performance and skill levels of employees and / or contractors.
- Leads activities related to prebuilding assessments, such as conceptual cost estimating, rough order of magnitude estimating, feasibility, energy efficiency, environmental, and sustainability assessments, and recommends plans to meet the site’s needs.
- Implements an effective total preventive maintenance (TPM) program for all equipment and systems in the facility
- Coordinates and prioritizes maintenance activities to maximize equipment reliability in support of optimal production efficiency.
- Responsible for monitoring, tracking and maximizing equipment uptime.
- Works closely with the EH&S Manager in matters of emergency preparedness, disaster recovery and continuation of providing a safe and secure environment for all employees.
- Manages the site’s Contractor Safety Program
- Trains employees and contractors to ensure compliance with company and government regulations.
- Supports the design of site-wide security programs to ensure compliance with government regulations for access control.
- Develops plans for infrastructure and capacity increases including justification for capital expenditure purchases and implementation of new capital equipment.
- Fosters a work environment that emphasizes the implementation of sound quality and safety practices.
- Reviews, establishes and manages vendor and third-party service contracts related to property, plant and equipment per company policy.
- Serves as a key member of the Miami Gardens site leadership team.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- Degree in Engineering, Facilities Management, or other technical field
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification / designation
- Advanced knowledge in the areas of: HVAC, carpentry, electrical and plumbing and masonry
- Working knowledge of various mechanical systems and equipment including: chemical processing / plating, CNC machining, paint systems, dust collection, and waste filtration / reclamation systems
- Completion of OSHA Construction Safety and Health course (30-hour)
- Knowledge of local and state building codes is required for this position
- A valid driver’s license is required
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems, cargo systems, and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms