Repair and Overhaul EngineerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01424368 Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Opa Locka State Florida Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HFL05: Landing Gear - Miami 3201 NW 167th Street , Opa Locka, FL, 33056 USA
Collins Aerospace is looking for a seasoned engineering professional who is able to manage multiple engineering projects or processes across engineering disciplines. The primary role of the Repair and Overhaul Engineer is to coordinate, evaluate and resolve engineering related problems encountered in landing gear repair and overhaul.
- Review engineering specifications, orders, Service Bulletins, Airworthiness Directives and related information to maintain current knowledge of repair and overhaul methods, procedures, and activities.
- Establish and maintain Engineering Work Instructions and Bills of Material for new and existing programs.
- Work as a Value Stream team member and provide technical support as required.
- Liaise with Quality Control, Material, Production, and other department personnel to provide the technical support needed to resolve issues on shop floor.
- Participate in the planning of repair and overhaul methods.
- Interpret engineering drawings and facilitate new drawings or correction of errors on drawings and documents, as identified during repair and overhaul operations.
- Review drawings prepared by other Engineering staff. Provide drafts to component maintenance manuals (CMM).
- Investigates reports of defective, damaged, or malfunctioning parts, assemblies, equipment, or systems to determine nature and scope of problem.
- Evaluate investigation findings to formulate corrective action plan and coordinate implementation of plan for rework, (REDX Preferred).
- Coordinate, review and submit Salvage Repair Documents (SRDs), Request Deviation Waiver (RDWs).
- Prepare Engineering reports as directed by the Manager of Engineering.
- Complete special projects as assigned by the Manager of Engineering.
- Maintain records or oversee recording of information by others to ensure engineering drawings and documents are current and that engineering related production problems and resolutions are documented.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs when required.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 3 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- Experience in MRO in an aerospace environment (CMM, IHS, Mil Specs, DPS)
- Landing gear experience
- Background in Materials and Processes preferred
- Experience with CATIA/AutoCAD and SAP
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (MS Access, Excel, SQL)
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms