Maintenance Technician – Millwright (Apprentice)Businesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01477928 Most Recent Date Posted 10/14/2021 City Oakville State Ontario Country Canada
Location:LOC13049 1400 South Service Road West,Oakville,Ontario,L6L 5Y7,Canada
In this position you will be reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor. As the Electrical Maintenance Technician (Surface Finishing Electrician), you will be responsible for all maintenance responsibilities within the facility including but not limited to Machine Shop, Plating Department, Test Lab and all other areas on the day shift.
- To maintain and support all facility and production equipment.
- This position requires basic knowledge of CNC controls / drives and electrical/electronic troubleshooting including troubleshooting and repairs of production machines, CNC and Conventional.
- This would also include completing the following troubleshooting and/or repairs on CNC machine tools: Automatic tool changers, Work/ Pallet Changers, Axis support/motor replacement and main spindle support/motor replacement etc.
- Troubleshoot/repair/maintain Process Plating, Painting and Grinding Equipment
- Troubleshoot/repair/maintain Plant wide electrical distribution systems
- Troubleshoot/repair/maintain Facility and Machine lighting
- Key Liaison for all electrical contracted installations for Facilities and Maintenance
- Perform electrical PM’s on all Production equipment as per PM program
- Consistent and effective training and mentorship of Apprentices as per OCOT
- Participate in 5S, TPM workshops, ACE initiatives and Lean Daily Management
- Facilitate ESA CSS Program and work closely with EH&S Department
- Completing SAP work orders, notifications, keeping accurate notes and files on the equipment and also ordering the necessary parts as required.
- Coordinating and scheduling repairs with Shop load and/or contractors.
- The applicant must be a licensed electrician, experienced in 600 VAC and machine controls.
- Overtime and On Call is mandatory when required .
- Certificate of Qualification (C of Q)from an accredited college/trade program (Ontario 309A, 309D or 442)
- Minimum 3 - 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment; previous experience with CNC controls / drives and is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency reading and interpretation of schematics, both North American and European, and have a full understanding of Feedback devices, Measuring systems (Heidenhain, Inductosyn etc.), Relay logic, Electronics, PLC, and Motor controls both VSD’s and conventional.
- Demonstrated ability to operate and use an overhead crane in a safe manner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Willingness to train and the willingness to work overtime when required.
- Experience in Vibration analysis and/or Laser operations, Machine alignments, and general Machine tool maintenance.
- Ability to work independently in the field.
- Strong understanding of Machine diagnostics.
- Strong communication and computer skills.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms