Machine Shop TechnicianBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01471475 Most Recent Date Posted 09/08/2021 City Oakville State Ontario Country Canada
Location:LOC13049 1400 South Service Road West,Oakville,Ontario,L6L 5Y7,Canada
Reporting to the Shop Supervisor, as the Machine Shop Technician, you will produce aircraft parts to drawing while operating various CNC Boring Mill machines.. The successful candidate must be willing to multitask and cross-train on all machines within the cell, as required.
Shift – Second Shift (Monday to Thursday – 4:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. or 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.)
- Perform own manual set-ups by positioning and aligning tooling per set-up instructions using CNC programming language (G codes).in order to produce quality parts
- Measure, examine, and test completed parts in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as micrometers, Vernier calipers, bore gauges, etc.
- Maintain tolerances by observing operation and making necessary machine offset adjustments, cutter changes, calculating feed and speeds and performing self-inspection (OSV-Operator Self Verification
- Document actions in support of quality logs, communicate all discrepancies in machining to supervision and create Product Defect Sheets (PDS) as required.
- Preform work from set-up sheets, manufacturing sheets and drawings as specified through developed process methods
- Support and promote continuous improvement, 5S activities and Standard Work Development in the cell.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications :
- 3-5 years Machining experience of current Boring Mill machining experience
- Certificate of Qualification (C of Q) is preferred
- Must be willing to multi-task as required.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize measuring equipment in support of quality requirements and read and interpret blueprints.
- Demonstrated ability to operate and use an overhead crane in a safe manner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Willingness to train and operate other machines in the cell and willingness to work overtime
- Successful candidates must meet and be cleared under all requirements relating to ITAR and CGD
- Candidates will be tested
- Must be willing and able to work second shift (Monday to Thursday – 4:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. or 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.)
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Collins Aerospace is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates during all aspects of the selection process.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms