Associate Director, Surface FinishingBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01476485 Most Recent Date Posted 09/27/2021 City Oakville State Ontario Country Canada
Location:LOC13049 1400 South Service Road West,Oakville,Ontario,L6L 5Y7,Canada
Responsible for the ethical, efficient, safe and profitable operation of the Surface Finishing department. The Surface Finishing Manager will provide program specific cross functional planning, direction, coordination and leading of all departmental operations while meeting safety, quality, on-time delivery, financial and continuous improvement goals.
- Drives accountability throughout the department.
- Drives and adheres to bus schedules in order to meet master schedule requirements.
- Manages resource allocation and overtime to ensure the production demand is met.
- Provides timely solutions to operational problems and setbacks.
- Employs continuous improvement tools for real time problem resolution to eliminate bottle necks and barriers to efficient and cost-effective production processes.
- Performs and reports metrics such as budgets, machine hours, cycle time, piece count output, and setup times.
- Develop plans for the control of output, budget spending, labor efficiency and the utilization of department personnel to provide continuous reduction in product cost and a corresponding increase in quality and on-time delivery.
- Successfully manages budgets including developing annual budget and spending plans.
- Function as the focal point for program(s) within the Surface Finishing Area.
- Responsible for ensuring that executable plans are in place to meet deliverables on all programs and that actions/milestones are occurring as planned through the Surface Finishing Area.
- Provide current/accurate promise dates to Operations Team
- Coordinate development of recovery/expedite plans for non-supporting parts
- Make sure nothing 'falls through the cracks', as the program crosses functional and site boundaries
- Leads and motivates a skilled workforce by focusing on continuous improvement to engage the employees and champions change through innovative thinking and active support of the use of process improvement tools and techniques.
- Leads the organization by using the continuous improvement tools such DIVE, RRCA, Fishbone, and fault tree to improve processes.
- Will be a hands–on manager who is expected to work closely with employees to identify and implement process improvements such as cycle time reduction, setup reduction, time studies, and overall efficiency.
- Act as a facilitator in support of Continuous Improvement activities, including, standard work events, 5S, TPM, tier meetings, etc.
- Create a high energy, positive culture organization by using the core values of trust and respect.
- Ensure the team members are engaged, trained and contribute to the success of the site.
- Establishes goals for direct reports and regularly reviews performance.
- Takes an active role in identifying training needs, nurturing, coaching, challenging and developing both direct and indirect reports in their positions for future opportunities.
- Ensures that the duties, responsibilities, authority and accountability of all team members are defined and understood.
- Operations managers is also a champion for Environmental health and safety (EH&S) by assuming responsibility over one or more of the EH&S programs
- Observe and follow all environmental, health and safety procedures. Have a minimum of one formal, documented, safety talk per month with all direct reports.
- Take preventative action to yield zero accidents.
- Comply with all UTAS EH&S policies and procedures, including personal protective equipment use, housekeeping standards, and EH&S training requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 10 years experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 16 years of relevant experience is required
- Minimum five leadership experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Deep management and leadership knowledge to lead cross-department project teams or manage across multiple related departments.
- Core knowledge includes manufacturing processes and process control.
- Experience with lean and continuous improvement principles.
- Demonstrated "can-do" and “change” attitude with hands-on approach
- Ability to conduct independent data analysis, manage budgets and deal with ambiguous situations.
- Successful candidate must meet all requirements under ITAR and CCGP
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in an Engineering (Chemical, Materials, Mechanical, Aerospace) or Business
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Collins Aerospace Systems is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates during all aspects of the selection process.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms