Scientist I - Software DeveloperBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 181921BR Most Recent Date Posted 07/20/2021 City O'Fallon State IL Country United States
We value curiosity, creative problem solving and interest in our user domains. You will be expected to initiate and implement, with the team, leading-edge designs as well as improvements to the current implementation and design. You will be exposed to all aspects of software engineering including work-centered and cognitive engineering design techniques and will be applying new technologies to develop next-generation capabilities for decision support systems. You will help design software tools for both research and operational projects, requiring team members capable of the focus and discipline necessary to prepare tools for widespread use in the Department of Defense.
What will you need?
- B.S in Computer Science and 6+ years of direct experience, or a M.S. in Computer Science with 4+ years of direct experience.
- Creative problem solving and experimental design
- Mathematical programming with a specialization in algorithm development
- Algorithm complexity analysis and optimization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to follow (and improve) production processes.
- Logistics, scheduling, military operations
- Experience with dynamic visualizations designed to help users interact with and direct advanced algorithms and understand complex situations
- Adaptive, efficient, intelligent algorithms
- Experience with React and Redux frameworks
- Work-centered design and/or human–machine collaboration
- Artificial Intelligence concepts such as machine learning and data analytics.
- Decision support systems
- Cyber Security
- Technical writing and publication
BS in Computer Science with 6+ years of experience or MS in Computer Science with 4+ years of experience.
- Software Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Computer/Management Information Systems
- Information and Knowledge Systems
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.