Work Transfer Team LeadBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01465443 Most Recent Date Posted 08/29/2021 City Remote City State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CA6NC: Other NC US Remote Location, Remote City, NC, 06032 USA
Collins Aerospace is looking for an experienced Supply Chain Work Transfer Team Lead within our Collins Interiors Service and Support organization. The Work Transfer Team Lead will manage a team of Work Transfer professionals and execute on sourcing goals specific to resourcing supplier goods and services both to external suppliers and internal Collins locations. Responsible for the overall work transfer project plans which include first article inspection plans, capacity analysis, overlap plans, production readiness assessments, and cross functional approvals via a gated process.
This individual will ideally sit at Collins Aerospace Interiors location in Winston-Salem, NC but can sit at any Collins Aerospace Interiors domestic location. Remote locations will be considered.
- Manage and lead transition team activities
- Establishes the project plan for work movement between suppliers and internal make factories
- Executes the Commodity strategy by managing work movement to strategic Collins suppliers
- Establish sourcing goals and acceptable service levels
- Negotiates and is accountable for FAI and Production delivery dates supporting the work transfer process
- Analyzes delivery proposals, capacity assessments, and other data and information to determine successful transfer plans
- Evaluates vendors' capability, quality and reliability
- Identifies and conducts research on suppliers to ensure that the organization’s standards of quality, timing, and reliability of supply are met
- Develops a project plan for strategic supplier work movement
- Responsible for overall implementation of the gated work transfer approval process
- Leads supplier approval and qualification process for new goods and services
- Ensures supplier or commodity is performing to the designed Collins requirements from delivery, quality and production readiness
- Assumes management of special projects that supports the business units goals and objectives
- Manages a team of Work Transfer professionals in various locations
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of prior relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 7 years’ experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required
- Engineering/Other Technical Positions: Bachelor’s degree (typically in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)) and a minimum of 10 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws / regulations
- Experience with Supplier Transitions highly desirable
- Prior Supervisory experience preferred
- SAP knowledge a strong plus
- Exhibit strong organizational and communication skills.
- Strong project management and data analysis skills required with the ability to develop and manage plans for execution
- Strong understanding of gated or passport managed projects
- The ability to multi-task projects with limited oversight
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills are required along with the ability to establish effective communication and working relationships with all levels and functions
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, criticalillness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms